You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Guns N' Roses leaker wants your help

gnfnraxl wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

It's a sad situation for him but it was simply DUMB!  I have posted well over a hundred links to GNR demos in my thread but NONE of them are official because I know better.  We may not like the rules but at the end of the day the leaks and official released material is Axl and the band's copyrighted work...not ours.  I was glad to hear the music but I will never start some "look at me" thread and start posting leaks.  Stupid actions like that will ALWAYS get you in deep shit.

I agree that he did do it a=in a manner to have all the spotlight and glory he could have.  How he got those leaks though s what I'd like to know.  Did he really steal them?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the guy basically said "yeah i got them from someone. here they are look at me..."

then he flaunted that he put them up and even admitted that he did it to fuck over axl and universal

he dared riaa, universal, gnr and the fbi to do something about it...well what could they do? you got what you asked for...suck it up buttercup

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Most fans don't want an "Us against Them" attitude. We love Axl and the new Guns. We want to hear the music. Love the music. See them succeed, and enjoy the fruits of their labor. A beautiful marriage of fans & the band they love. Like music should be.

Cogill buys into this Beta/Del mentality, but on the opposite side of the fence. They fuel the war, as does guys like Cogill on the other side of this fans vs. GN'R. And frankly, I don't need your Civil War.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

fuck this..     i`m probably in the minority on this site,but i didn`t even want any songs to leak. of course i couldn´t resist listening to them when they were out there though...

i mean getting a few leaks is nice, but having 11 unfinished and/or low quality songs from chinese democracy or one of the follow ups is kinda spoiling it imo.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Most fans don't want an "Us against Them" attitude. We love Axl and the new Guns. We want to hear the music. Love the music. See them succeed, and enjoy the fruits of their labor. A beautiful marriage of fans & the band they love. Like music should be.

Cogill buys into this Beta/Del mentality, but on the opposite side of the fence. They fuel the war, as does guys like Cogill on the other side of this fans vs. GN'R. And frankly, I don't need your Civil War.

Of course I'd much rather have it where Axl appreciates his fans and we could encourage him.  I wantot encourage him.  But how can we do that when he sees us as the ennemy no matter what.  By doing this it pisses off the fans and all shit hit the fan.  I thought Azoff would be able to repair the bridge but thus far the bridge has been burned more and more.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Good post.

I get mad at the shit we have all went through waiting on this album but at the end of the day it's not MY work and labor to put this thing together.  I'm sure there's alot more that has went/still going on than we could even imagine. 

Neemo wrote:

the guy basically said "yeah i got them from someone. here they are look at me..."

then he flaunted that he put them up and even admitted that he did it to fuck over axl and universal

he dared riaa, universal, gnr and the fbi to do something about it...well what could they do?

Well put Neemo, that's the situation in a nutshell.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
WARose wrote:

fuck this..     i`m probably in the minority on this site,but i didn`t even want any songs to leak. of course i couldn´t resist listening to them when they were out there though...

i mean getting a few leaks is nice, but having 11 unfinished and/or low quality songs from chinese democracy or one of the follow ups is kinda spoiling it imo.

I don't know what songs you listened to, but the ones i heard definently didn't sound all that 'unfinished' or 'low quality'.  16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Of course I'd much rather have it where Axl appreciates his fans and we could encourage him.  I wantot encourage him.  But how can we do that when he sees us as the ennemy no matter what.  By doing this it pisses off the fans and all shit hit the fan.  I thought Azoff would be able to repair the bridge but thus far the bridge has been burned more and more.

Azoff is doing what any good producer would do. Protect the band and their work. That's his job.

He can be the bad guy, as long as Axl looks like the good guy. It's the 'ole Col. Parker method. 22

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Azoff is doing what any good producer would do. Protect the band and their work. That's his job.

He can be the bad guy, as long as Axl looks like the good guy. It's the 'ole Col. Parker method. 22

The Skwerl incident aside.  I thought Azoff would help rebuild the bridge between Axl and the fans and nothing was done.  And the bridge ain't that hard to rebuild.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think Axl feels it needs to be rebuilt. He probably thinks when the album(s) come out he'll gain new fans to replace the old ones that in his mind, turned on him.

And most likely - he's right.

Board footer