You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: 2008 NFL season

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

They also want to talk to our DC Spagnulo. I hope we dont lose him, but I'm afraid we will. I hope he goes the path of his mentor, Jim Johnson, and stay our DC.

Haha, good luck NYG, he'll be gone in 2 shakes of a horses tail. Det or Cleveland.

I know man. I'm just holding out hope that he'll wait and realize what a good thing he has, like Johnson. My biggest worry was that if Philly missed the playoffs and they fired Reid, I thought that would be the most likely place he would have gone.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I really don't see the talent there. How do you judge talent? By how often their names are mentioned on ESPN? When I see the Cowboys I see a pretty QB who you can't rely on in clutch situations, an aging wide-out who's no longer an elite in the NFL, running backs who are simply on par with the rest of the league, and an offensive line that only blocks medium-well.

Their defense is bad. None of their defensive players made any spectacular or heroic plays this season - they aren't star players. If they were at some point, they're not anymore.

You dont' see the talent cause you simply refuse to and you hate the Cowboys. DeMarcus Ware was 2.5 sacks shy of the all time recrod for sacks in a  season.  Terrell Owens had an off season and he still had over 1000 yards reciving and was 5th among recivers with 10 TD's. yeah not elite my ass.  Terrence Newman has started to be mentioned as a top three corner in the league. Marion Barber is considerd by many to be the hardest runner in the league and the best 4th quarter back in football. The Defence led the league in sacks and pass rushing. The secondary has always been their achillies.  Romo's passer rating has consitently been among the top in the NFL.  Jason Witten is arguebaly the best TE in football and mayeb teh toughest player in the league. As a  Bills fan you'd kill to have a player like Jason Witten or Demarcus Ware. Don't even fucking deny it. You're  just being a  flat out hater to not recognize the talent on this team CC. You're the only person on the planet that would say the Cowboys aren't talented. In fact your'e the only person who'd say they weren't a very talented team. Seriously  man open your eyes.

NY Giants is totally right. teams take on the personality of their coaches and Phillips and Garrett are lethargic asses. mopping around like they dont' know what to do. The team became complacent under these guys.  You want Phillips back? Please take him. the Lions want permission to talk to Jason Garrett? please let them.

The Dallas Cowboys not talenetd? roll Likely the most unimformed thing said all year in relation to any topic imagineable.

Unispired, lazy, no heart, disfunctional, trainwreck team? yeah pretty much but don't be so naive to mistake that for lack of raw talent.

I think Hell has frozen over man. We are in agreement!!!:haha:

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I really don't see the talent there. How do you judge talent? By how often their names are mentioned on ESPN? When I see the Cowboys I see a pretty QB who you can't rely on in clutch situations, an aging wide-out who's no longer an elite in the NFL, running backs who are simply on par with the rest of the league, and an offensive line that only blocks medium-well.

Their defense is bad. None of their defensive players made any spectacular or heroic plays this season - they aren't star players. If they were at some point, they're not anymore.

You dont' see the talent cause you simply refuse to and you hate the Cowboys. DeMarcus Ware was 2.5 sacks shy of the all time recrod for sacks in a  season.  Terrell Owens had an off season and he still had over 1000 yards reciving and was 5th among recivers with 10 TD's. yeah not elite my ass.  Terrence Newman has started to be mentioned as a top three corner in the league. Marion Barber is considerd by many to be the hardest runner in the league and the best 4th quarter back in football. The Defence led the league in sacks and pass rushing. The secondary has always been their achillies.  Romo's passer rating has consitently been among the top in the NFL.  Jason Witten is arguebaly the best TE in football and mayeb teh toughest player in the league. As a Bills fan you'd kill to have a player like Jason Witten or Demarcus Ware. Don't even fucking deny it. You're  just being a  flat out hater to not recognize the talent on this team CC. You're the only person on the planet that would say the Cowboys aren't talented. In fact your'e the only person who'd say they weren't a very talented team. Seriously man open your eyes.

NY Giants is totally right. teams take on the personality of their coaches and Phillips and Garrett are lethargic asses. mopping around like they dont' know what to do. The team became complacent under these guys.  You want Phillips back? Please take him. the Lions want permission to talk to Jason Garrett? please let them.

The Dallas Cowboys not talenetd? roll Likely the most unimformed thing said all year in relation to any topic imagineable.

Unispired, lazy, no heart, disfunctional, trainwreck team? yeah pretty much but don't be so naive to mistake that for lack of raw talent.

Newman gets his mentions because he's on the Cowboys - the press loves to talk about Dallas and the league has a hard-on for the entire NFC East despite their very average teams (exception being the Giants this year). Romo is oftentimes very good, but he's not reliable. There's many QB's in the league that are better than he is, but the press would rather talk about the Cowboys than the Chargers, so some stupid people actually think Romo's a better player than Phillip Rivers.

Ware and Witten are great players, but what franchise doesn't have two great players? Not many. A great TE and DT don't win championships, or divisions, or even playoff berths.

Owens didn't have an "off" season, he's just getting old. And he's only going to get older. No longer a star - sorry.

Don't make me laugh calling Marion Barber anything better than run-of-the-mill in the NFL. He's MAYBE the third best RB in that division, although I'd put him at 4h - Brandon Jacobs, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, these are all more talented backs than Barber.

So what have you got? You've got an aging WR who's only going to get worse, a good QB who's never won a big game, the worst starting RB in the NFC East (by the way, you say best in the 4th quarter - when did he win the Cowboys a game they otherwise would've lost by his 4th quarter running?), an overrated corner, and an amazing TE and DT. Woo fucking hoo.

You guys are seeing the forest for the trees and you're letting sports media affect you to much. Just because everyone wants to talk about them and you know their names doesn't make them great. They're an average team talent-wise who had a great coach (Parcells) and then fell apart with a simply good coach (Phillips).

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Newman gets his mentions because he's on the Cowboys - the press loves to talk about Dallas and the league has a hard-on for the entire NFC East despite their very average teams (exception being the Giants this year). Romo is oftentimes very good, but he's not reliable. There's many QB's in the league that are better than he is, but the press would rather talk about the Cowboys than the Chargers, so some stupid people actually think Romo's a better player than Phillip Rivers.

Ware and Witten are great players, but what franchise doesn't have two great players? Not many. A great TE and DT don't win championships, or divisions, or even playoff berths.

Owens didn't have an "off" season, he's just getting old. And he's only going to get older. No longer a star - sorry.

Don't make me laugh calling Marion Barber anything better than run-of-the-mill in the NFL. He's MAYBE the third best RB in that division, although I'd put him at 4h - Brandon Jacobs, Brian Westbrook, Clinton Portis, these are all more talented backs than Barber.

So what have you got? You've got an aging WR who's only going to get worse, a good QB who's never won a big game, the worst starting RB in the NFC East (by the way, you say best in the 4th quarter - when did he win the Cowboys a game they otherwise would've lost by his 4th quarter running?), an overrated corner, and an amazing TE and DT. Woo fucking hoo.

You guys are seeing the forest for the trees and you're letting sports media affect you to much. Just because everyone wants to talk about them and you know their names doesn't make them great. They're an average team talent-wise who had a great coach (Parcells) and then fell apart with a simply good coach (Phillips).

You're a blind hater CC and these comments make you look ridiculous You're just pissed that the Cowboys smoked your ass in back to back Super bowls. get over it buddy. And who the fuck said anything about Phillip Rivers? Sounds to me like you're the one who's got a biased opinion based on your own opinion of  the media. You hate the fact the Cowboys get  coverage so you'll act like  pioneer and say they aren't a talented football team 16 You're right the rest of us have just been manipulated by the sports media while you're  the one who sees it for what it truely is.  Get  fucking grip.

Communist China

Way to not answer any of my claims about the players you listed. And I know why you didn't - you can't argue them away. You know everything I've said about those players is true so you simply attack me.

Blind hater? I think not. There are at least 5 teams I like less than the Cowboys but I don't spend my time discrediting them because they aren't given reputations they don't deserve. The Cowboys will not make the playoffs with these guys - they need a couple new players. No single coaching change will turn them into a playoff team.

And don't say I give a shit about the Bills losing Super Bowls to them. I was like 3 at the time and have never seen those games. I hold no grudge against them or the Giants or the Redskins, hell, I don't even hold a grudge against the Titans.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

The Cowboys will not make the playoffs with these guys - they need a couple new players.

The best part about that statement, is that they gave up their 1st & 3rd for Roy "Catch no balls" Williams.  Leaving them with only a 2nd & 4th to really add much from the draft. Bwaahahahahahaha!!  Man I hope they suck again next year.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Jesus, I heard on the radio that LT has a "detached tendon in his groin"...that sounds so fucking painful.  They say he'll play though.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Bono wrote:

You're just pissed that the Cowboys smoked your ass in back to back Super bowls. get over it buddy.

I'm still traumatized by those two games, especially the second one. It was actually a game in the first half until the Bills gave up.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I don't have the exact article...but I read recently that the Bears are going to prioritize finding a quarterback this off-season. In this same statement...Angel (the GM) commented that receivers don't matter if you have a good quarterback.

The funny thing about all this is that the Bears are acting as though this is an easy thing. They want to bring in Chris Simms? What?! Donavan was mentioned at the press conference as well.

The thing is...I think we're fine at QB right now (not good or above average)...there are a lot more pressing needs...I miss that amazing defense of the superbowl year and the few years preceding it. I miss the offensive line that made amazing holes for thomas jones and I miss teh D-line that got pressure on the quarterback consistently...

I think there are better places to be focusing on.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

They do need a QB. They've needed one this entire decade. Bears would have multiple SB rings this decade if they had anyone decent at that position.

Funny though that when they had all the pieces in place for a championship, all they needed was a solid QB. Now that the team has holes all over the place, they decide they want a QB.

Board footer