You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: 2008 NFL season

harmon420 wrote:

I'd like to thank the Colt's shitty defense for another season of let down. They catch a break with L.T. being hurt, yet they still got ran all over.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

You win in the postseason by running the ball and stopping the run.  The Colts in their Superbowl winning year did exactly that.  They rushed 22 times for 64yds and allowed 167yds on 34 carries in the SD loss.  I always  thought that the Colts wining streak was a function of playing bad teams.  The divisonal round should be more smash mouth fun with TEN, CAR, PIT, NYG playing games next week.  If you like smash mouth football root for a BAL win because it will set up a bloodbath rivalry game with TEN.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Dolphins game was peculiar. I don't know how to explain it, but suddenly Pennington throws 4 picks (how many did he have all regular season?) and the team just played bad. Looked like last year's team.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Communist China wrote:

(how many did he have all regular season?)

he had 7 all season

Communist China

So we're looking at Giants/Eagles and Panthers/Cardinals in the NFC. Both games could be good or bad, but I think the better team won both wild-card weekend games in that conference. I would say these are the 4 best teams in that half of the league.

AFC is Steelers/Chargers and Titans/Ravens. Titans/Ravens looks boring to me but Pit/SD could be good, SD has been a fun team to watch all year, at least when their defense is semi-on.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dolphins got spanked by Baltimore... my interest in the playoffs now lies with Arizona.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I predicted AZ for the SB, so I'm sticking with that. Certainly wont be easy for them though. They will most certainly need a Philly upset of NY to put the odds in their favor.

I cant see Baltimore losing from this point forward. They could beat any of the other three teams left. In my opinion, whoever wins that Titans/Ravens game will go on to win the SB.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Awesome win, Birds have really finished well, something like 5-1 now. Ever since Plax shot himself it seems the Midgets are about 1-5. I can't wait for this matchup, should be a great game & out in the cold.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Ha ha! More like 2-2 in meaningful games.

It took the Vikings 1st stringers and playing with their playoff lives in the balance to beat the Giants 2nd and 3rd stringers. It took a defensive touchdown for the Eagles to beat the Vikings...

Communist China

James Lofton wrote:

I predicted AZ for the SB, so I'm sticking with that. Certainly wont be easy for them though. They will most certainly need a Philly upset of NY to put the odds in their favor.

I cant see Baltimore losing from this point forward. They could beat any of the other three teams left. In my opinion, whoever wins that Titans/Ravens game will go on to win the SB.

I can see Baltimore losing. They have a good running game but none of the backs are close to star level. At any moment they could falter - like when they go up against good run defenses (Tennessee, Pittsburgh, and San Diego all have better run D than Miami imo). And even though Baltimore could make the Super Bowl, they've already lost once to the Titans and were swept in the season series with Pittsburgh.

AFC is a total toss up in my opinion. If the Chargers D plays like it did against Indy even they are Super Bowl contenders.

Board footer