You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Death Magnetic inspiring & bringing out competitive edge in GN'R

war wrote:

completely different bands, situations, and albums

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering the fact Metallica put out three, now four original studio albums, the Crue put out four original albums, VR has put out two and their members a SLEW of solo efforts...

I think it's safe to assume that Mr. Rose doesn't give a flying fuck what the rest of them are doing, considering the last original studio album he did was in 1991, and the rest of them have done GNR's catalog over plus 50% since then.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If u want to get an idea of how generic the Guitar playing is on the Leaks, listen to Death Magnetic

NOW THAT is fucking guitar playing.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Apples to Oranges.

The guitar playing is great on both.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

inspiring lyrics as well aye D-machine,
LOVE IS A FOUR LETTER WORD
any respect i held for metallica was lost as soon as i heard that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

I havn't heard the new album but even if its not good, metallica have written so many good songs over the years that i'd always respect that.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

I only heard the songs Metallica put on their site and can already tell it's a very good album.  Axl wrote some bad lyrics in his career too.  So fucking what?  If the music is good it compensates.  BTW I consider Axl one of the best lyrics writers ever before you think I said Axl sucks.  Metallica (read James Hetfield) usually writes awesome lyrics so one song I can forgive.  Death Magnetic could an album of the year contender.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I am excited about Death Magnetic.  I've resisted temptations to download it, I plan to wait till next Friday.  The 3 songs I've heard I'm quite pleased with though.  Getting back to their roots and away from that St. Anger crap.  Here's the thing, if GNR had stayed together it's possible they could've put a load of crap like St. Anger out.  Not that it does anything to tarnish Metallica's rep, but maybe they should've sat that one out, taken a few years off.  It certainly sounds like they're back with a vengeance with this one though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

I think you miss the point of that line in the song. Did you even listen to the rest of the lyrics???

The song is about domestic violence or being in an abusive relationship, where "love" is an offensive word like a certain other offensive four letter word (f**k).

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've read and I've read some crazy shit in my day on the net.

Dude. Do u have any fucking idea what that song is about? If u LISTENED to the song, U would understand.

Are u completely unable to interpret lyrics?

Love Is A 4 Letter Word
It isn't spoken Here

The song could be  about his childhood and how he was never loved by his father etc and how his mom died when he was a teenager and it can also be interpreted as Metallix interpreted it and so many other ways.

Love is a 4 letter word meaning its a BAD WORD and it wasn't said around his house growing up.

And his lyric The Son will shine, for me means he was told his whole life he was NOTHING and  loser and would amount to shit and he is fucking telling his dad or whoever and the world "THIS SON WILL shine.

Dude, this song is so deep and great, I can't put into words and Im not even really a Metallica fan.

The lyrics are very meaningful, they  make u think, they relate to people who have truly faced tough shit and I am really sorry the only lyrics u can comprehend are 'Now I know u better"

Board footer