You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: SLASH: 'MODERN ROCKERS ARE SELL-OUTS'

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Cue the "Slash the hypocritical media whore posts" in 3...2...1...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I agree with every word he said. It's mostly the media's and the record company's fault: they made the word 'rebel' a sticker to sell more. You cannot really find anything new out there. The bands have nothing to say, nothing to sing about, they're only interested in making money. Making money is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but if it is in your focus, then you are nothing as an artist. Do what you wanna do and maybe then think about how to sell it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I don't think he's being a hypocrite here.

He is talking about how he himself made it big, and he definently wasn't a sell out, nobody in GNR was.  GNR stood outside of what was mainly popular at the time and made one of the greatest albums ever.  Nobody could call those guys sell outs back then.  They were the ones taking chances and working for anything they could get.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah Guns was pretty respectable during their rise, but it was a different time. Can you really get gigs in cities like LA these days like you could back then? The rock audience has shrunk and I don't know how a band makes it simply by hard work and constant touring.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Yeah Guns was pretty respectable during their rise, but it was a different time. Can you really get gigs in cities like LA these days like you could back then? The rock audience has shrunk and I don't know how a band makes it simply by hard work and constant touring.

To be honest, i feel that if GNR were to start today, it would take them a lot more time and a lot more work to get to the point where they got to. 

It certainly takes a special group of people to make it big without ever selling out in today's world.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah GNR was always a 'real' group not a fake one...and that's what made it so special...don't think there's been much similar really.

Board footer