You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Del James Interview

James wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

and i have never read or heard anything where Del is "attacking" fans. but then again, these days it really seems some of the fans seem pretty prone to throwing the first blows...???

A lot of that frustration comes from Del's posting on the official site in 06/07 about fan complaints about the setlists and other assorted things. Other than that, he hasn't really done anything wrong. He does come off as having a certain attitude and seems to take advantage of the position Axl has gave him, just like others in the GNR camp(Beta, Fernando,etc.).

I don't really have much of an issue with him. He sounds like a prick at times, but who doesn't? I remember in my teens reading the great articles he wrote about GNR in RIP Magazine. Looked forward to those articles.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But that's not how he comes across. He comes across as an obsessed fanboy, that thinks Axl is his exclusive and ONLY friend. He's like the insecure wife, who marries your best friend, then suddenly steals your friend away from everyone that's always known him.

Is that really how he comes across, or is it just how he is perceived in the minds of yourself and others like you?

Do me a favor and go to his myspace page and read his blogs there and you will see he is FAR from what you say.

Not a mention of this "obsession" you speak of.

http://www.myspace.com/thelanguageoffear

moreover, he has a life with a woman he loves and two beautiful daughters. he writes, he goes to shows, he hangs out. his life does not revolve around what you say it does.

please stop speaking of what you do not know. I know we're all frustrated with waiting for the album, not getting news, etc. but can't it not degenerate into unfounded maliciousness?

and i have never read or heard anything where Del is "attacking" fans. but then again, these days it really seems some of the fans seem pretty prone to throwing the first blows...???

WORD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! "fans" or people who claim to be, are the ones throwing the first blows. and del didn't say anything about the fans.

people just like to talk shit because they have nothing better to do and are fucking ignorant!!!!! judge not lest ye be judged, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But that's not how he comes across. He comes across as an obsessed fanboy, that thinks Axl is his exclusive and ONLY friend. He's like the insecure wife, who marries your best friend, then suddenly steals your friend away from everyone that's always known him.

Is that really how he comes across, or is it just how he is perceived in the minds of yourself and others like you?

Do me a favor and go to his myspace page and read his blogs there and you will see he is FAR from what you say.

moreover, he has a life with a woman he loves and two beautiful daughters. he writes, he goes to shows, he hangs out. his life does not revolve around what you say it does.

please stop speaking of what you do not know. I know we're all frustrated with waiting for the album, not getting news, etc. but can't it not degenerate into unfounded maliciousness?

Considering the fact you just admitted to not knowing of his fan attack, I wouldn't pull out the "you don't know what you're talking about" card.

Del James can come across anyway i'd like him to. It's a perception thing. I actually like the guy, it's just the I don't like the Slash & fan bashing. Just keep it to a minimum, even if you're sticking up for a friend.

It's not about judging. I still like Del, but it doesn't beat how he comes across.

He lost ALOT of favor with me with that scathing attack on fans about setlist complaining, even if he was aiming it at those who don't even attend shows.

Still, it was immature and unprofessional, and he was obviously speaking for Axl (so Del doesn't get all the blame) when Axl addressed the issue in San Juan I believe.

Seeing how I was a paying customer, TWICE, in 2006, I think I reserve the right to take those comments from Del a tad personal.

And as much as I love Axl, the new band, or even Del James for that matter... you cannot obviously expect Guns N' Roses fans to give Del James favor over Slash.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

WORD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! "fans" or people who claim to be, are the ones throwing the first blows. and del didn't say anything about the fans.

people just like to talk shit because they have nothing better to do and are fucking ignorant!!!!! judge not lest ye be judged, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMFAO!  I wouldn't want to see you when someone talks about someone you know.  To me Del sounds like a guy who has his nose way up Axl's behind.  I have friends and I do stick up for them when they are actually attacked.  Just mention the name Axl and he suddenly will defend him and bash Slash at the same time.  That's why I say he's an 13:smile:  You can be loyal and show gratitude towards your friends without going in ultra kissing mode.  My friends aren't perfect and if they are wrong I'll say it also.  But like I said other than that I have nothing against him as I don't know him.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

im not necessarily talking about del, but gnr has way too many people around them who have nothing to do with the band, but leech of them like they are the founder or something.

beggers and hangers-on....hehe.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:

LMFAO!  I wouldn't want to see you when someone talks about someone you know.  To me Del sounds like a guy who has his nose way up Axl's behind.  I have friends and I do stick up for them when they are actually attacked.  Just mention the name Axl and he suddenly will defend him and bash Slash at the same time.  That's why I say he's an 13:smile:  You can be loyal and show gratitude towards your friends without going in ultra kissing mode.  My friends aren't perfect and if they are wrong I'll say it also.  But like I said other than that I have nothing against him as I don't know him.

maybe i am talking about someone i know. and maybe i'm trying to talk some sense into you all before i totally go off!:headbang:

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

im not necessarily talking about del, but gnr has way too many people around them who have nothing to do with the band, but leech of them like they are the founder or something.

beggers and hangers-on....hehe.

maybe. but del is not one of them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well Paxcow, there's no reason to get upset over all of this. Perception is just that, perception. It's not written in stone.

So I won't, and DO NOT judge him on that.

But I do judge him on his comments in 2006. Even if he was stone cold correct, it was still unprofessional.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Well Paxcow, there's no reason to get upset over all of this. Perception is just that, perception. It's not written in stone.

So I won't, and DO NOT judge him on that.

But I do judge him on his comments in 2006. Even if he was stone cold correct, it was still unprofessional.

this is rock n roll! what kind of professional way do you want him to talk?

why is everybody these days such a bunch of pussies???? what has the world come to???!!!!!! 17

warriorpriestess

just to clarify: two of us here actually KNOW Del.

I've met him a few times; Paxcow has spent more time talking with him. She alluded to it a few posts up but I am confirming it.

We actually met because he invited us both to the show with Youth and Stephan Adika mentioned in the interview.

Maybe you guys can understand the strong reaction now;  this IS defense of a personal friend.

Board footer