You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Appetite on Vinyl!

--Listening to my original issue vinyl, which has the warning sticker, the cross insert sticker, the golden-rod emboss indicating it's and in-store promo advance release, and the rape scene cover.  It's from the first printing of the album.

--There is no better way to listen to this album!

--The organic recording reminds one just how talented musically the original members were, in addition, to how well written the songs were.

--Axl's voice in this format (organic) has so much more depth than any digital format.  It's funny, I notice live when I hear him, I hear the full texture of his voice better (the deeper tones, instead of just the higher tones).  On digital recordings (including mp3 boots of concerts), it's as if the range of the recording does not fully capture his voice.

--Is the vinyl reissue of AFD out yet?  I have not seen it at Best Buy or my local record store?  Is it an Amazon only release?

--I sure hope they recorded Chinese Democracy on organic tape, and not digital formats only.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Appetite on Vinyl!

James wrote:

While I haven't listened to AFD in a coon's age, I agree. The Illusions records are amazing as well.

I would imagine that there's a very small minority on these sites that have listened to GNR on vinyl. That may change with the recent popularity of the vinyl format.

Board footer