You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: The silence on the eve of RB2 is deafening!

strat0 wrote:

there's already decent rips of the song out there. Go to Myspace.com/shacklersrevenge someone posted a good rip of it there, although they don't have it open for dowloading, so good rips have been out there for at least a day or more.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

because so much depends on how people react to the first song by 'new' gnr, they keep quiet, unless the crowd goes wild and starts demanding it played by stations.

its like hoping it will explode into the scene on its own and becoming popular  without much mention or promotion by the band itself....rather than promoting it heavily and then failing, which would be a disaster in many ways....see Oh My Gawd, although that wasnt heavily promoted too, but still much more than Shackler.

i think, hehe.

That's actually a very smart observation.

It would be very GN'R to just sit back, judge reaction, and if no one even blinks at SR, they'll just pretend it never happened.

But that's the problem with this whole new-GN'R thing since the very beginning. There's no confidence. The only one that seemed to have confidence in the material was Buckethead. I understand Axl needs this to be a major hit, but there does come a time you just move on. Release it. If it bombs, then you struck out at the plate, you go back to the dugout, and wait for the next at bat.

Life is like that sometimes.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

the myspace version #1 and #2, referenced above, are not the RB2 version.

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

the myspace version #1 and #2, referenced above, are not the RB2 version.

correct...the rb2 version has not been posted anywhere yet. most people think the fan edited stuff of the first leak is the rb2 version, but it is not bucket

and it is so easy to rip it from the game, if you got a 360 (which i dont)...just a cable from audio output tv to audio input pc, record on audio software, save as mp3, done. but noone is doing it for some reason.

here is how it sounds in rb2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m_8JwT7XjY

very different quality and dynamics than the stuff we got 19

Sky Dog wrote:

THAT WAS AWFUL AND THIS WHOLE THING BORDERS ON ASSINE...I hate video games and can't believe the first single is going to be released this way. All these stupid fucking fan manipulations....just brutal.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

THAT WAS AWFUL AND THIS WHOLE THING BORDERS ON ASSINE...I hate video games and can't believe the first single is going to be released this way. All these stupid fucking fan manipulations....just brutal.

Yeah, this promotional strategy really rubs me the wrong way. NOT that its on a game, but that there's zero follow through.

They dropped the ball once again.

GNR or its fans cant even claim "They're back!!!" because they have been buried in a video game.

This approach has obviously been done in case of negative feedback, and I cant believe we are currently treading the same water from 1999. Its unreal at this point.

This should have been released as a single(whether physical product or Itunes only) simultaneously with Rock Band 2. In 2008, they still fear what GNR will look like on the charts.

They don't have to take any blame, criticism, or even praise with a track buried on a video game.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Is it possible that this track could never end up on iTunes? Can they really fuck this up again?

Sky Dog wrote:

well, exactly. Again, that is why I have always said just put the entire record or actually, just put everything you have out. Fuck it. Go for broke. Chances are there is some great stuff out of all the tracks recorded. After all this time and with all the changes in the music industry, throw caution to the wind and drop it all. Upstage everybody...but no, let's put one fucking track out and take a 100% wild fucking guess at what the public wants. JUST PLAIN STUPID.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This could most definitely be GNR's last chance to get CD off the ground, if they can't make this work, nothing will. Hundreds of thousands of people, perhaps millions, will be hearing this song this week, yet you say nothing? You can't get any more pre-release exposure than this unless you have a top-10 single, which isn't likely.

Board footer