You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Shacklers Revenge on the radio

bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Also, it's not listed on their web site as a "recently played" song.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Why wouldn't they list it?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Billy Talent "Nothing to Lose." Is THIS what rock music has come to? It sounds horrible.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Also, it's not listed on their web site as a "recently played" song.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Why wouldn't they list it?

probably cause it's the leak and they shouldn't even be playing it

or

want us to think that is the case

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Mama Said was about five songs after they played it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Looking at their playlist, this station hasn't played it in quite some time either.  Not sure if they were told not to or not, but it hasn't been played in over 12 hours or so.  I kind of hope they were told they couldn't play it instead of not playing because of poor reception.  If that's the case we could end up waiting another nine years.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

GN'R aren't commenting, because NOTHING is happening.

Everyday that passes without an announcement, feels more and more like 2006.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
gnrfan1987-present wrote:

I can't really see "Shackler's" being played on the radio at all.  The classic rock stations won't touch it.  And alternative rock won't play it because it's Guns n Roses.  I don't think that will hurt album sales though.   The single is pretty much dead unless you are Kate Perry or one of those other one hit wonders.  I think Chinese Democracy will sell well no matter what the lead off single is. 

Even though "SR" is a great song.  It doesn't have the widespread appeal like GnR's other hits.  I remember when "You Could Be Mine" came out in 91.  The radio was all over that song.  Because it was heavy yet commercial.  "Shackler's" is more of an acquired taste.  It's definitely not mainstream.  But I still think that even after all this time is a CD is finally released that says "Guns n Roses: Chinese Democracy" it will fly out of the stores.  Just because the media's going to jump all over it and hype the shit out of the release.  Of course I don't know if Axl's ever going to pull the trigger and actually release the damn album.  If the media ever issues a ban on reporting "Chinese Democracy album news" he's screwed.

Not true at all. Most rock stations are not purely Classic rock stations or Alt stations. all the rock stations I've heard play all kinds of rock although they are mostly either New rock stations, or Classic rock stations that mix in some new rock.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

BTW, which version did they play on the radio?

New GNR exposes a cultural divide I feel.  Those mullet-headed conservatives, secretly liking the music or not, will go to their death bed claiming they hate it, because it ain't yesteryears "apple-pie on the 4th of July with a Camarro" GNR.  In other words, they will hate it, even though much of it is brilliant.  Those typically more culturally exposed to new tastes, constantly exploring and probing the world for new art, ideas, etc. understand, appreciate it, and allow themselves to love the new sound for what it is--brilliance!

well said 5

Board footer