You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Democracy not eligible for Billboard 200?

Axlin16 wrote:

Everyone always talks about CD doing well on the charts, but correct me if i'm wrong, but if an album is a store-exclusive, such as Best Buy or Wal-Mart, doesn't that make them not eligible to be ranked on the chart? I know that Garth Brooks albums, the WM-exclusive ones did not get charted.

It doesn't mean record sales for CD couldn't be huge in WM or Best Buy, it just means GNR's lexicon would be changed in the fact that even if CD was a huge seller, they could still only talk about "the charts" on album debuts and such with Appetite, Lies and the Illusions, the latter of course both versions debuted at #1 and #2 respectively.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It can chart. The Eagles were number one on the charts with their album that was only a walmart release.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

The rule changed in 2007 with hte eagles

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

10-4, thanks for clearing that up.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't really agree. I think if it's a 'brilliant' move, it'll be by pure accident. They might be trying to release it, in the present tense, to make sure it can make some money.

But the comparison to the old band will happen no matter what. They'll find a way to make it work, such as "the old band would've never done that", even though only a year into their success they were lending songs to soundtracks for films like "The Dead Pool", "Decline Of Western Civilization II", and even to TV's "Miami Vice".

Imo, the old band was just as commercial.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the midnight madness with the Illusions release would be comparable to an 'exclusive' release for CD.

Board footer