You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Stinson bailed? NME rumor.

buzzsaw wrote:

I think the realistic reunion scenario is CD release as more or less an Axl solo project (even if it's under the name GnR) and a reunion shortly thereafter.  If VR wanted a lead singer, they'd have one.  Slash is finishing his solo album while this is going on and then they're both available.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

yeah, if it ever happens, i think they would want bygones to be bygones....i doubt Slash and Duff would want to be involved in CD era material in any way...

CD out...perhaps a tour around it...Slash does his solo record....do some appearances for it....

then afterwards...Rock Hall of Fame for the first reunion gig...and then a full on world tour...

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

That comment in NME was to casual too be true. They said it as if it was an accepted fact, rather than the revelation that it would be. Probably just confused or mixed up.

I agree, it comes off like it was written by a 7th grader who "heard a rumor".

It wouldn't surprise me if people in the band left or will leave by the end of the year if CD isn't out. But this article doesn't influence me one way or the other on it.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think the realistic reunion scenario is CD release as more or less an Axl solo project (even if it's under the name GnR) and a reunion shortly thereafter.  If VR wanted a lead singer, they'd have one.  Slash is finishing his solo album while this is going on and then they're both available.

Part of me is starting to think this may be true. I could see CD being released, no tour, then the reunion happens soon thereafter.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think there even needs to be a full reunion. I am sorry but the general public doesn't care about Duff just like they don't care about Tommy. At this point, Gnr to the public is Axl and Slash.....only the fans care about Duff. Axl really only needs Slash to legitimize it. Just for shits and giggles, my fantasy Gnr would consist of Axl on piano and singing, Slash, Izzy, Tommy, and Brain....just a 5 piece.

I don't know if Tommy's in or out of the band,he's a cool guy and all but even if he left alot of people wouldn't really care after all he's just the bass player and bass players are replaceable.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but do any of you think that's kind of stupid in some level?

If Tommy is out, IF being the keyword, that would mean the only people left from the Rio III gig in 2001, would be Axl, Dizzy & Chris. WOW, a vocalist and two keys guys.

That would be utterly pathetic that even the NEW BAND had been replaced by a NEW BAND.

Slash_McKagen, the reason so many people keep talking reunion is because the puzzle pieces fit SO WELL right now, for really the first time - EVER. VR is dead, new GN'R never was, CD still ain't out, Axl might be without a lead guitarist & bassist, VR is without a vocalist, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, and Irving Azoff, who is BIG time, is GNR's manager a man who's recent accomplishments have been reuniting The Eagles for a successful comeback, and getting David Lee Roth back in Van Halen.

*cough* where does that not SCREAM GN'R reunion?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, but do any of you think that's kind of stupid in some level?

If Tommy is out, IF being the keyword, that would mean the only people left from the Rio III gig in 2001, would be Axl, Dizzy & Chris. WOW, a vocalist and two keys guys.

That would be utterly pathetic that even the NEW BAND had been replaced by a NEW BAND.

Slash_McKagen, the reason so many people keep talking reunion is because the puzzle pieces fit SO WELL right now, for really the first time - EVER. VR is dead, new GN'R never was, CD still ain't out, Axl might be without a lead guitarist & bassist, VR is without a vocalist, the whole thing is a clusterfuck, and Irving Azoff, who is BIG time, is GNR's manager a man who's recent accomplishments have been reuniting The Eagles for a successful comeback, and getting David Lee Roth back in Van Halen.

*cough* where does that not SCREAM GN'R reunion?

No where. Which is why this could VERY easily happen.

Ceesmannl
 Rep: 0 

Ceesmannl wrote:

Tommy is still in, the NME is a lie! Beta, confirmed that tommy is still in!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Well, if Beta said so, it must be true!!!!  All hail Priestess Beta!

Board footer