You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Stinson bailed? NME rumor.

Will wrote:

From "Tippin" @ HTGTH.com message board:

There's an article in NME about The Replacements which says:

'Drummer Chris Mars retired from music to concentrate on painting, while Tommy Stinson, the teenage bassist, ended up in Guns N Roses until a spat with Axl Rose forced his departure'.

What the fuck?!?

Anybody here have a copy of this weeks issue of NME? I'd rather not go out in the pissing down rain to confirm the articles existance 16

Also, even if the article is real its probably still bullshit.

I can confirm tommystinson.com is down for technical reasons only. A friend I spoke to knows the web guy and he's currently on tour and unable to fix the issue.

Lets see if we can nip this in the bud before it gets outta control 22

(edit: Jarmo is saying this is untrue. If anyone has the article please post it up for all to read smile )

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting sad

Thorazine Shuffle
 Rep: 3 

Really doesn't matter what Jarmo says.  He's officially jumped in the GNR camps pocket.

NME isn't too reliable either, but I find it hard to believe now that the CD release is iniment that Tommy would bail.  Hell we don't know what the fuck is going on which is why I've been in "lurk mode" since 06.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Thorazine Shuffle wrote:

Really doesn't matter what Jarmo says.  He's officially jumped in the GNR camps pocket.

To be fair to Jarmo, he can only comment regarding what he knows and has been told. If someone tells him Stinson is in the band, than that's the info he has to go on.

Does that mean Stinson is in the band? Not exactly, but it cant be discounted just because he may or may not be in a "pocket".

Although very few forgot how certain people were claiming Bucket was in the band when he had already left.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and brain and robin are apparently still in the band as well

i'll be watching to see how this pans out

Sky Dog wrote:

fuck me if it's true because I will have ZERO interest in the new band without him. 4

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

fuck me if it's true because I will have ZERO interest in the new band without him. 4

He'll still be on the album most likely.

It doesn't even matter who leaves or joins at this point anyways. Its pretty obvious by now that its not going to be marketed the way most bands are marketed.

Thorazine Shuffle
 Rep: 3 

Looks like the admin at mygnr stated that he talked to Beta who confirmed that Tommy was still in the band and they spoke with him yesterday.

Looks like more NME bullshit.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

(edit : didnt see Thorazines post until after I posted this. Still interesting reading though wink)

I'll throw a little fuel on the fire for the purpose of discussion 16

Westerberg (frontman of Tommys old band) has been on a roll recently knocking out an album, an EP and two singles in just a few months. The latest single made available September 13th contained artwork with the words "The Best For Last", as in "saved the best for last".

boardedu.jpg

His previous release, an EP entitled 3oclockreep contained 10 minutes of previously unreleased Mats rarities.

The Replacements reissues are due out on September 23rd.

Pauls commented on Tommys position in GNR earlier this year:

Pitchfork: Talking to Tommy a couple of years ago, I got the impression that after all that hard work, after all those miles on the road, that what he's doing right now [as a member of Guns n' Roses] is in some ways his reward. Finally play arenas, get kept on a retainer...

PW: If you talked to him more recently you might get a different vibe. But you know, that's fairly true. It was a couple of years ago that he probably felt that. But now he's thinking more artistically. I heard a batch of his songs he sent me. I added a few things and sent it back. He wants to be more of an artist now. That's just the way it goes. You're a performer for ten years straight, then you want to go home and actually write a tune or whatever. But he more than any of us is sort of built for the stage. If he goes without performing for a long time then he can't stay still.

In the same interview he confirmed offers were on the table for a Mats reunion.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'll just go out on a limb, or not, and say he's out.

Board footer