You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Re: Stinson bailed? NME rumor.

Slashisvr wrote:

If azofs plan is to get a reunion together, axl isnt stupid, he can surely see it coming a mile off

then why would axl have him on board?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

To be honest the whole band bar axl could bail now and it probably wouldn't make much difference. They're not writing, recording, touring, promoting or even partying together. Even if there's a confirmed release date, then what? Can't see them doing much promotion so unless they're going to tour....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And see that's another issue Scab. Alot of us have always felt that GN'R would not tour to support CD.

So what's the point?

I understand that CD could still sell well, without a tour, but Universal aren't stupid either. They are going to want to maximize profits for this, especially an 800-pound gorilla like CD. If their market people say "I think the public will meet CD with apprehension because it's a new band", then it's not far-fetched at all for Universal to turn around and say, we have the album, but we want a reunion first before we'll release it, because we want to make the most money possible.

I think Axl's reached a point where his name alone, and the name 'Chinese Democracy' just ain't enough to get it done. Maybe in 2002, but not now.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:

...after all he's just the bass player...

I thought he was GNRs musical director too? I'm not even sure what that label even means but I know I read it somewhere 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I wouldn't doubt it if he's left. I'd be willing to bet in some form or another everyone has left. I don't see them touring this album. Shackler's has been pretty much dubbed shit by everyone I've shown it too. Not cool for your first "official" release since Oh My God.  This version of the band is dead guys. Some form of reunion will take place eventually with or without CD.

Just my opinion(had to throw that in there befor people say I express my opinions as fact.)

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

shackler's revenge wasn't released as a single for a reason. my guess is it was never meant to be on cd until recently when new management presented axl with the oppurtunity to release a new song in the game. since it was most likely  the best song he had for a video game, they seized the oppurtunity.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

shackler's revenge wasn't released as a single for a reason. my guess is it was never meant to be on cd until recently when new management presented axl with the oppurtunity to release a new song in the game. since it was most likely  the best song he had for a video game, they seized the oppurtunity.

Ummm.... no I doubt it. In my opinion it was released ala Oh My God to test the waters. Releaseing a  song on Rock Band is just as effective as releaseing it as a single. It wasn't because it fit a video game best, it's casue they wanted to gage the response. Better would be much cooler for Rock Band but that's been heard and the fanbase needed to be fed another distarction. Shackler's is also a "tide me over" simply another smokescreen to distract people for the fact the album yet again will not be out by year's end.  Man I hate to say it again cause I know people hate it but............reunion first, Slash and Duff contribute to CD and then it comes out(if it comes out) then they tour. that or the entire thing is scrapped and the trio + whoever else record a new album and tour that, or simple tour and then record like Motley Crue is doing now. Either way I truely, hoestly belive the version of Gn'R we know now is totally dead in the water

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i don't think they are the same. testing the waters by putting it on a video game where most people will not have expectations for the song and releasing a single to the radio, itunes, etc are two different beasts. releasing a conventional single to the world really promotes new gnr and gives people an idea of what the album will sound like. managment and anyone else involved know as well as us or even better that this song does not sound anything like what people are gonna expect from gnr and it's long over due album. whether the expectations are fair or not does not matter. even us hardcore fans, who have been following this closely, expected something different. sr clearly does not match up with the other leaks, many of which have been confirmed to be on the album. if the cd release is near, expect a more classic sounding and more conventionally released single before november 25th or whenever it happens. we all know they have better songs to introduce the album to the world by. if this was the end of cd's chances at a release they would not choose this song and this release method as a desperate hail mary pass in the final seconds of the game, they would choose a song with a higher possibility of success. i do agree that a reunion before cd release is a possibility but only for sales reason.  i don't really think they need a specific lineup to promote the album cause if slash isn't on stage with axl noone will really care who else is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

Ummm.... no I doubt it. In my opinion it was released ala Oh My God to test the waters. Releaseing a  song on Rock Band is just as effective as releaseing it as a single. It wasn't because it fit a video game best, it's casue they wanted to gage the response. Better would be much cooler for Rock Band but that's been heard and the fanbase needed to be fed another distarction. Shackler's is also a "tide me over" simply another smokescreen to distract people for the fact the album yet again will not be out by year's end.  Man I hate to say it again cause I know people hate it but............reunion first, Slash and Duff contribute to CD and then it comes out(if it comes out) then they tour. that or the entire thing is scrapped and the trio + whoever else record a new album and tour that, or simple tour and then record like Motley Crue is doing now. Either way I truely, hoestly belive the version of Gn'R we know now is totally dead in the water

Slash & Duff are not going to record CD songs. If Axl were planning a three album release, because they were complete (CD I, CD II, CD III), I could see Axl possibly cohercing Slash & Duff to record on the remaining CD sessions, for a fourth album, not called CD, that will make up a new Guns N' Roses record apart of the reunion.

Aside from that, I don't see it happening. And it might would be beneficial if they were "moving forward" to just forget CD ever happened. Release a "Unwanted Democracy" box set or something down the line, and just move on.

But you have made a great post Bono, and I think if anyone needs evidence of new-Guns being dead - go see NIN in concert. I hear their guitarist looks awfully familiar.

Board footer