You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I heard rumor they are thinking about using breast milk to make their ice cream.  I really doubt they will, but it's kinda gross to think of them even debating it.

That was something PETA was asking people to do, so it would "ease the suffering of cows" or some nonsense like that.  I think PETA just named Ben and Jerry's specifically because that's the most well branded/recognized ice cream brand. 

Ben and Jerry's replied with something to the effect of, Mother's milk should remain for their children.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I heard rumor they are thinking about using breast milk to make their ice cream.  I really doubt they will, but it's kinda gross to think of them even debating it.

That was something PETA was asking people to do, so it would "ease the suffering of cows" or some nonsense like that.  I think PETA just named Ben and Jerry's specifically because that's the most well branded/recognized ice cream brand. 

Ben and Jerry's replied with something to the effect of, Mother's milk should remain for their children.

Thanks for clarifying. 

I didn't think they could be that stupid.

Now Peta on the other hand..... 16

How much does a pint of Ben & Jerry's cost in the US?

It's over seven bucks here, so... But I still can't get enough of it.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

I pay anywhere from $2 to $3.50.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Now Peta on the other hand..... 16

I've pimped "Penn And Teller's Bullshit" on here somewhere before, but I'll do it again...

the one about PETA is really worth a watching.  I'm pretty sure you can find it on youtube, or somewhere else if you google it.  I'm not gonna try and link to it right now, but if you have any interest, it's a really cool 1/2 hour.

As are pretty much any other episode of that show you can find.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

At Safeway it was on sale two pints for 7 bucks. Usually around 4 bucks. Worth every penny.

I still don't understand why they don't sell it by the gallon. They act like that shit is gold.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

At Safeway it was on sale two pints for 7 bucks. Usually around 4 bucks. Worth every penny.

I still don't understand why they don't sell it by the gallon. They act like that shit is gold.

Then, even though you can't buy it by the gallon, if you go to the Ben and Jerry's plant (it looks like they must have ice cream shops some places, but I've never seen one) you can buy a TWENTY SCOOP sundae called the Vermonster.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermonster
The one I saw in tv was filled over the top of the bucket in the picture

...But I have to buy it a pint at a time.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

In todays news, a GNR Forum Administrator died resulting from an excessive overdose of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream...

Sorry but I couldn't resist. 14

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

I bought a Pumpkin Cheesecake one the other day.

It was increadible.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

You have Safeway in the US? You learn something everyday!

Board footer