You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Saikin wrote:

Of course we have a Safeway!

Got a new flavor today...

Cheesecake Brownie.  It's cheesecake icecream with cheesecake brownie bites.  It supports the One foundation.  Pretty good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Next time I go shopping I'm gonna look for Pumpkin Cheesecake. I'm assuming that's only around for Halloween and probably Thanksgiving.

Yeah, we've had Safeway here for ages. I'm actually shocked you have them. I thought it was a west coast chain. Its my favorite grocery store. A bit higher than the others, but I prefer to shop there. Cleaner, not as crowded, and they have a great deli. Love buying the various cheeses in their deli, and they make great sandwiches.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Next time I go shopping I'm gonna look for Pumpkin Cheesecake. I'm assuming that's only around for Halloween and probably Thanksgiving.

Yeah, we've had Safeway here for ages. I'm actually shocked you have them. I thought it was a west coast chain. Its my favorite grocery store. A bit higher than the others, but I prefer to shop there. Cleaner, not as crowded, and they have a great deli. Love buying the various cheeses in their deli, and they make great sandwiches.

You won't be dissapointed with the Pumpkin Cheesecake one James.

Next one i'm getting is the Cinnamon Buns one.

James

James wrote:

I ate a pint of Brownie Batter. Pretty damn good, but the chocolate is just a bit too overwhelming. This flavor would have been improved with maybe peanut butter brownie with chocolate brownie batter swirls. Instead its just pure chocolate, and the Chocolate Fudge Brownie flavor is superior to this.

Probably impossible for them to make a shitty flavor, but this and Everything But the.... are definitely low on their totem pole.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We used to have Safeway but it was bought acquired by a company called Morrisons. So now all the Safeways are called Morrison's. Although as you mentioned they do seem cleaner, not crowded and have a deli. Hmmm...

I wish I could get Ben and Jerrys cheaper over here sad

James

James wrote:

When I went shopping earlier I bought a couple pints. Picked one I hadn't tried yet(Pistachio) and one I already knew I liked(Chocolate Fudge Brownie). Eating the pint of Pistachio right now, and its amazing. Its better than the Pistachio ice cream I used to eat when I was a kid. Was surprised this ice cream wasn't green, since that one certainly was.

I did not see the Pumpkin Cheesecake flavor. I might have to go to a different store and see if they have it.

James

James wrote:

Half Baked is the worst ice cream I have ever eaten in my life. chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with cookie dough and brownie chunks is NOT a good combination. I couldn't even finish it. Luckily I also bought a kind I do like(neapoleon dynamite).

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Half Baked is the worst ice cream I have ever eaten in my life. chocolate and vanilla ice cream mixed with cookie dough and brownie chunks is NOT a good combination. I couldn't even finish it. Luckily I also bought a kind I do like(neapoleon dynamite).

Agreed.  I tried that one the other day and it was awful.  I'm not even sure that was brownie batter in it.  It certainly didn't have the consistency of brownie batter.  I threw away over half a pint of that one.

James

James wrote:

Just ate some of their Mint Chocolate Cookie flavor. Pretty dull. Its basically mint n chip(without the chip) ice cream with pieces of Oreo cookies(which aren't really Oreos).

Wont be eating this flavor again anytime soon.

James

James wrote:

Just ate a pint of Creme Brulee. deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious....

Board footer