You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: i was thinking, and it occured to me...

that, to my knowledge, we, as a fanbase, have never, neither civilly, officially or as a group, asked for an update on the band situation. i mean, i could be wrong, but as far as i know the extent of the proactive action we have undertaken consists of snide comments in threads about the lack of updates, or as is the case at mygnr.com, bombarding fernando with insults and questions as soon as he makes an occasional appearance. why don't we, as fans of GNR, as a unit, articulately and politely ask for some form of update?  couldn't a moderator either here or at mygnr conduct some sort of open letter an post it online/on the forum on behalf of the fans. its well known that members of the GNR 'inner circle' browse the boards, and it may yield some form of information, whats the worst that could happen? we don't get a response? it may display to those in the GNR camp, after the scathing response Axl received after his open letter to us, that we are capable of respect and civility towards axl and may serve to change their apparent negative opinion of us, the 'hardcore' fans.

however, don't misinterpret me, i am aware we have been dragged through shit whilst we wait for the album, but still, it couldn't hurt, could it?

if a similar idea has already been tried and failed than i apologise, because i had no knowledge of it.

just a suggestion 19

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The HTGTH community sent a 'letter of support' to the band around 2003. It was handed to Dizzy. The HTGTH also got the opportunity to ask a few questions from Axl, with no guarantee of an answer. They (we) were really polite, didn't disturb Axl with some release dates or time schedules. Only asked really simple and common things in the letter. The paper was handed, but he didn't reply. That was years ago, too, I think sometimes in 2003. 'They will talk when there is something to talk about', that's the official word. The whole saga is a disaster, I understand they don't wanna talk about it.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

oh...well that's lame

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

oh...well that's lame

For some reason CW we're seen as the ennemy by Axl.  Why?  I don'gt know.  His letter was received poorly, me I was happy with his letter until it was proven to be full of lies.  There is a way to repair the bridge.  Axl has to use what he has to his advantage.  BBF likes to interact with the fans.  Use him!  But allow him to talk about the band.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Axl should understand that most of the backlash towards his open letter came as a result of Merck's letter which rebuked much of what Axl had stated and in all fairness appeared to paint a more realistic picture.

Axl doesn't give a fuck about the fans and he won't start caring about the fans anytime soon.Also I get tired of reading the "Axl is a genius" shit,because Axl is just a normal man,sure he's cool and all,but a genius he's not.The problem is that Axl thinks the world revolves around him and ofcourse it doesn't,don't get me wrong Axl's my all time favorite singer and I really like the new band,but people saying that all of this shit is part of "Axl's vision"is full of shit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

There have been open letters over the last several years that have made their way to Axl, usually through Dizzy, as signs of support.

Been there, done that. I think I even contributed to one years ago.

But it's been alluded to since 2006 that that open letter was him opening his heart to the fans, and it was spit on, and any chances of an update are slim.

I greatly appreciated Axl opening himself up to tell us what's going on, and had wished more updates would've come, even if it were Axl to say "things are happening, i'll keep in touch if any big news breaks". I SO WOULD LOVE THAT. Just for a connection.

But on the other hand, I do have an issue that Axl finds it quite trying to connect with his fans and UPDATE his fans, considering the fact we've kept his career alive since 1994. I don't give a fuck what he says. If he doesn't believe that, he'd dead fuckin' wrong.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

There have been so many false starts and broken promises that any updates or announcement Axl made would be viewed with (at best) skepticism, and I think he knows this. So instead he just chooses to stay quiet until there really is something concrete, like Shackler's.

I mean, honestly, would anyone believe him if he posted an update saying "We were shooting for a Thanksgiving release, but business arrangements didn't work out and now we're planning for early 2009"? You know everyone would cry "bullshit!"

So while I agree that the lack of updates is frustrating, I can understand why they're being tight lipped.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
huntermc wrote:

There have been so many false starts and broken promises that any updates or announcement Axl made would be viewed with (at best) skepticism, and I think he knows this. So instead he just chooses to stay quiet until there really is something concrete, like Shackler's.
I mean, honestly, would anyone believe him if he posted an update saying "We were shooting for a Thanksgiving release, but business arrangements didn't work out and now we're planning for early 2009"? You know everyone would cry "bullshit!"

So while I agree that the lack of updates is frustrating, I can understand why they're being tight lipped.

So I missed Axl's interview about SR and it's inclusion on RBII?  Sorry, but it isn't that simple.  Robin going to tour with NIN is concrete.  BH leaving was concrete.  The tours they went on (though with mixed results) were concrete.  Yet we've heard nothing from Axl Rose other than "Round 2" and a letter or 2 that he didn't even write.  And with all of this being the case, he's pissed at us (the fans) that have stuck with him and his revolving lineup of hired musicians for not supporting him unconditionally through all of this?

His band couldn't even support him unconditionally through all of this...I'm not sure how he expects the fans to.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
huntermc wrote:

So I missed Axl's interview about SR and it's inclusion on RBII?  Sorry, but it isn't that simple.  Robin going to tour with NIN is concrete.  BH leaving was concrete.  The tours they went on (though with mixed results) were concrete.  Yet we've heard nothing from Axl Rose other than "Round 2" and a letter or 2 that he didn't even write.  And with all of this being the case, he's pissed at us (the fans) that have stuck with him and his revolving lineup of hired musicians for not supporting him unconditionally through all of this?

His band couldn't even support him unconditionally through all of this...I'm not sure how he expects the fans to.

He doesn't. He thinks most of us don't like him. That's why CD isn't out. (my opinion)

Board footer