You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: i was thinking, and it occured to me...

Axlin16 wrote:

Which I think does have weight.

The ironic thing of it all, was Axl's anti-hero persona was his "I don't give a fuck" attitude towards the world, yet his behavior shows he OVERLY gives a fuck what the world thinks.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think since the old band left, Reality has smacked Axl right between the eyes and he realizes that this isn't Guns N Roses anymore.

so it took him probably half a decade to come to terms with having to play with mediocre songwriters.

Its the whole perception becomes reality. People kissed his ass and told him HE WAS GNR so long, he started to believe it. Then he saw what playing with less talented musicians was like. He even comes clean in RS and says he cant ake a GNR record without Slash.

This is why we got the NIN meets Korn meets Linkin Park meets White Zombie Shackler's Revenge.

The song is good but u compare it to GNR all time stuff and its mediocre music wise. Axl can save anything with his lyrics and vocals but the music, if u listen to it by itself and ignore axl, its very bland.

I think he sees that Slash won a grammy with VR and they had some decent success and now he has even more pressure and no album could ever validate running off the orignal members as its perceived. Right or wrong that is the perception of Axl Rose.

U got Slash now saying, I can't wait to hear it to see what he wanted to do that we couldn't etc.

LIstening to the leaks for all these years, I think Slash will laugh last cause all these leaks so far have been pretty disposable.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think the new band is mediocre BY ANY MEANS. They are a great band. They just aren't - GUNS N' ROSES.

And over the years you've had guys like Richard & Tommy basically say "I wouldn't stand in the way of a reunion". Now granted in reality they don't really have a choice, but when you've got your 'own replacements' sitting back and going with the flow, but looking at Axl Rose and thinking to themselves "dude, what the fuck are you doing?"

Even he doesn't know.

Board footer