You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And then in '09, we will sit back and talk about how likely it is to be released and all the reasons to suppor that theory, just like in 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002...

Not this old boy. I've never said this in all the previous years, but if it doesn't come out in 2008 - it will never come out. And at this point, we're cutting it very close to a definitive "never" for me.

With all the Best Buy stuff going, I just think it's inevitable one way or another. If it isn't released, it'll leak.

I agree my friend.  With all that is going on I was sure we'd see it this year, but Axl was Axl again.  I want it out too.  It'll probably leak this year.  To me there is no reason to delay this yet again but then again I ain't Axl.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

IT'S NO LONGER ALL UP TO AXL!!!!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

Here is a novel idea...why not let Irving Azoff, Andy Gould and Jimmy Iovine figure out what date is best for Gnr? I think they are more than qualified. 16

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not sure if this latest rumor has been discussed here.  Someone did mention the possibility of a 3 disc release in the last couple weeks, so this isn't anything new.  BUT, here it is anyway. 

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/

Here's the latest Chinese Democracy rumor to set the interweb on fire:
"From what I am hearing now, Chinese Democracy is still a three disc set, consisting of the following:

a) a CD containing the new material

b) a CD or DVD (not sure which) with live performances

c) a DVD of behind the scenes footage

so techinically, yeah, it's three discs, but only one with new music

and all signs point to November 25th"
I've been reluctant to pass this rumor along - because it's just that, a rumor, - but with Chinese Democracy news so scarce I figured I'd at least mention it.

It certainly would be nice to have a 3 disc set - and a DVD of behind the scenes footage would be massive.
"The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon."
It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I'll say that again for added emphasis:

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

Anyway, it's been a slow news week.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All of this are good points... but without a press release, and no evidence of an active release plan... the word is still - 'TBD' - on this thing.

A Press Release needs to come SOON.

Agreed.  Like I've said last week.  To me the Nov 25 window is sealed and shut.  Simply will not happen.  So that leaves us with Dec 2, 9 or 16.  By Friday if we still don't have an official statement on a release date you can forget about Dec 2nd as well.  So that leaves us with 2 possible release dates for this year and the chances are not good.  An 09 release is more likely in my opinion if it is to be released.

I think there will be around 5 or 6 weeks of promotion....

So personally i wouldn't call Nov 25 an impossibility for a release until Oct 21st rolls around wink

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
faldor wrote:

Not sure if this latest rumor has been discussed here.  Someone did mention the possibility of a 3 disc release in the last couple weeks, so this isn't anything new.  BUT, here it is anyway. 

"From what I am hearing now, Chinese Democracy is still a three disc set, consisting of the following:

I've been reluctant to pass this rumor along - because it's just that, a rumor, - but with Chinese Democracy news so scarce I figured I'd at least mention it.

It certainly would be nice to have a 3 disc set - and a DVD of behind the scenes footage would be massive.
"The true, ongoing, behind-the-scenes triumphs and casualties are much more complicated than any negative speculation that the media or otherwise has managed to hit upon."
It's not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing. If you're giving up on 2008 because there's less than 8 weeks until Black Friday - then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

March 18, 2008: The Raconteurs announce the March 25 release date of Consolers of the Lonely, their second disc.
"We wanted to get this record to fans, the press, radio, etc., all at the EXACT SAME TIME so that no one has an upper hand on anyone else regarding it's availability, reception or perception. We wanted to explore the idea of releasing an album everywhere at once and THEN marketing and promoting it thereafter. The Raconteurs would rather this release not be defined by its first week sales, pre-release promotion or by someone defining it FOR YOU before you get to hear it."
So - I don't know when Chinese Democracy is coming out, but there's no law that says they have to announce it 2 months ahead of time. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't say BOO until 1 or 2 weeks before they pull the trigger.

is he hinting at a halloween something or another?????:mosh:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:

IF they are including a dvd of behind the scenes footage then I am buying this without a question.  I'Ll even watch the dvd before listening to CD.  I hope they show how this evolved from the beginning.  This could explain A LOT concerning the delays.  I hope the dvd rumor is true.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

THe dvd idea would be brilliant. Absolutley brilliant.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Pulling the trigger 1 to 2 weeks before might not be the greatest idea.  I've said earlier in this thread they should promote the hell out of this thing.  I stand by that.  1 to 2 weeks doesn't give them enough time unless they really have a grandslam campaign coming.

Board footer