You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

James wrote:

Shitty audio recording of Chinese Democracy, If the World, and There Was a Time playing with manager Andy Gould talking.

Sniff around.:smile:

Its obvious now that the album truly is on the horizon.:mosh:

Sniff. Sniff.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So they think that If The World is a great track? Holy shit.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

If the World is top five for me for the leaks and makes a better introduction to the new material than SR ever could. The vocals are immediately recognizable and the song fits in tonally with the Illusions era material (ie GN'R on top of the world).

I listened to some but then I quickly turned it off.

This is it. I'll wait until it comes out to hear the final versions.

Von

Von wrote:

Drums sound better than usual, especially noticeable on TWAT.

Von

Von wrote:

Official GN'R update feels like it's coming soon, too. I'd expect that and an announcement from Best Buy before the Body of Lies release in roughly two weeks. We'll have "the single" by early-mid October.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

thread starter on mygnr.com writes.

"Someone on another forum has leaked a cellphone recording of three new songs: Chinese Democracy, If the World and There Was a Time. The songs were recorded at a Best Buy employee preview, which was apparently held a few days ago; If the World is introduced by Andy Gould, who announces the song will be playing during the end credits of the new Ridley Scott thriller, Body of Lies.

The quality of the recordings is pretty poor, but you can hear the songs quite clearly, and many of the instrumentals and general production (and vocals) are different from the earlier demo leaks. Ron Thal has added his work to the tracks, and you can hear a lot of his contributions on the new version of the title track.

According to many people who claim to have attended this event, Andy Gould also said the album would be released on November 25th, exclusively through Best Buy. This info wasn't recorded on the cellphone, but presumably - since numerous people have reported it, and these people had also initially reported the song previews - the information is probably legitimate."

von wrote:

Official GN'R update feels like it's coming soon, too.

Agreed.

I know I've said it (a lot!) before, but it wouldn't surprise if they drop a complete bomb on us this time and spill everything. There's obviously a lot going on behind the scenes right now.

And I just read a thread over at ChineseDemocracy.com that they're (Myspace/label) currently re-doing the Guns N' Roses MySpace. Apparentely there's a message popping up saying that, but that could basically mean anything.

Board footer