You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think we need to start jumping off bridges(yet) because these two songs haven't been promoted. Those of us that have been grounded in realism for years knew this album would not be heavily promoted. It was insane for people to think this was going to be everywhere.

Having said that, I don't think these two songs are even meant for promotion. Shackler's was dead on arrival, and nobody cares about If the World. Read a couple reviews on that flick, and I'm not seeing any GNR mentions. Most reviews don't mention music when reviewing a film, but End of Days had quite a few mentions regarding GNR.

While I am looking forward to the record just like everyone else who posts here, in the overall grand scheme of things, this album/project is way past its expiration date. I know it. Uni knows it. Axl knows it. You know it. The promotion(or lack thereof) will reflect that.

Not that I expect heavy promotion for this album.  But part of the promotion is actually announcing a release date and then from there you'll get some free promo.  To me this is why I think the Nov 25 date is now expired and 2008 is almost expired as far as a release for CD.  If you ain't gonna have heavy promo at least create a buzz by announcing a release date.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

i thought it would have been pretty obvious why SR and ITW are being released to public in the way that they are, its exceedingly obvious that the purpose is solely so that the record company may recoup at least a percentage of what they have invested. RB2 pays a certain amount for the exclusivity of shackler's, Warner Brothers pay a certain amount for the exclusivity of ITW, a flat fee, guaranteeing the record company money.

if it doesn't come out this year i'll join in with the rest of you and whine and moan like a schoolgirl, however, until the release date is announced and/or the album is released i won't ridicule the marketing strategy, as those responsible for the marketing of this album are vastly more experienced in such matters than any of you.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

de ja vu it seems, another time of debating about a potential "release date"

im fed up of this, GNR is a joke, no one knows whos in the band for certain, they cant/dont promote the record, they shit on there fans....

iv past caring, until i accidentally pass it when its sittin on the shelf, i wont bother spendin so much of my time thinging of it, for me its been since 2002 iv been waitin for the bludi album, and guess what, nothing

GNR is a business, circus, joke

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

so you guys don't have anything else to other than wait for CD? i mean i want the album to come out as much as any of you, but for some of you it seems to have become an obsession, and that's great.

GUNNING FOR TURKEY DAY: Guns N' Roses' long-awaited Chinese Democracy album on Geffen/ Interscope finally has a release date. The album will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, Nov. 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on Dec. 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night. (10/8p)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/

Thanks to axl2 from HTGTH.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Thanks, CSS.

I added that to the Big Box thread.

Makes sense. CD needs all the push in the world, and an exclusive deal with Best Buy presents the opportunity to pull a very Azoff-ian stunt, which would be a Sunday release. Also, Billboard recently reported that while the deal was pretty much done by the time of the internal listening party, the release date itself was still in negotiations. They would've been gunning for the next Tuesday (11/25) to make it for Thanksgiving, but the switch up to the preceding Sunday and the slight tinkering of the Billboard chart might've well been the thing Azoff discussed with Best Buy.

Frankly, I think CD needs all the push it can get, while Geffen seems intent to just release the beast and get over it. Azoff's seemingly orchestrating enough outside help so that Geffen agrees for the release and might actually get some money back. Ax has the legend to capitalize on, and for someone like him, press is always available.

We'll know better after Body of Lies comes out, as 11/23 is six weeks away. If old man Irving can't pull this one off, no-one can.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
sic. wrote:

Thanks, CSS.

I added that to the Big Box thread.

Makes sense. CD needs all the push in the world, and an exclusive deal with Best Buy presents the opportunity to pull a very Azoff-ian stunt, which would be a Sunday release. Also, Billboard recently reported that while the deal was pretty much done by the time of the internal listening party, the release date itself was still in negotiations. They would've been gunning for the next Tuesday (11/25) to make it for Thanksgiving, but the switch up to the preceding Sunday and the slight tinkering of the Billboard chart might've well been the thing Azoff discussed with Best Buy.

Frankly, I think CD needs all the push it can get, while Geffen seems intent to just release the beast and get over it. Azoff's seemingly orchestrating enough outside help so that Geffen agrees for the release and might actually get some money back. Ax has the legend to capitalize on, and for someone like him, press is always available.

We'll know better after Body of Lies comes out, as 11/23 is six weeks away. If old man Irving can't pull this one off, no-one can.

I agree.  If Azoff can't make this album come out no one will.  And that is the scary part.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting news. I still think it's odd (well, not really knowing Axl) that nothing has come out of the GN'R camp.

Too many news sources, too many things going on. At this point I think Thanksgiving week is pretty close in stone, that we've ever gotten. Deals seem to be done, and Gould is playing tracks for managers... it's a done deal.

What it'll actually be, it's price, and what follows is now the question.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer