You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

buzzsaw wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I just don't like how some people are taking this as the definitive GnR story.   I already see people using stuff out of this book to bash Axl.    It really sucks.   

I hope Axl writes a book one of these days.

I'm about half way through the book and so far Slash has been pretty fair with Axl.  He's gone out of the way to mention that it's just Axl being Axl.  The only time they were really pissed at Axl (so far) was the first time he blew off a show.  Of course, Steven is still in the band where I'm at, so the big mess is yet to come.

monkeychow wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Didn't Baz say Axl is has written a massive diary of events or did I dream that? Something about 10,000 pages or something???

I don't recall reading that but Baz talks so much he could have 16 16

Damn...i can't remember where I got it from...might be my ass!! I think i remember him saying something in that recent radio interview with BBF and Eddie Trunk. I thought he said something like he said to axl that Axl should write a book once and axl said something like "I am, its up to 10,000 pages" or soemthing wierd. But you know what i was insanely tired when i listened to that broadcast...so maybe i made it up - or maybe he was talking about some other band not axl or something!

you're right he said he only had 6 pages and Axl had 10,000.

monkeychow wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm so sick of people calling slash a liar.

I didn't call slash a liar, i said ALL OF THEM HAVE TWISTED MEMORIES.

Hey Sorry Jessica I wasn't speaking specifically about you, i ment more the routene bashing he gets at HTGTH smile

I think a lot of that is mostly because of a small but pretty vocal group of fans who feel the need to tell us everyday that the band isn't GNR without Slash, that Slash is the good guy in everything, that the guys in the band now don't hold a candle to him, etc etc etc.   I have nothing against Slash, as a GnR fan I love what he did for the band when he was in there..  It just sucks that on a board like MyGNR threads are over run with that,  pretty much every thread.    If it was possible to have discussions without Slash being brought into it, I think the bashing would die down.    i'm more anti some slash fans then i am anti-slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh really? Cool smile

Immagine what a great read that would be!! It'd be really interesting to get Axl's perspective on so much stuff. And if he is as good an author as he is a lyricist...I immagine it would be a great journey....

I'm really hoping Axl does release it.. maybe Slash writing his will encourage him to come forward with his side of things.   It would definitely give more balance to the whole thing.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As long as an Axl book didn't have Slash in every sentence, I would love to read it.

I think the definitive GNR book would come from Izzy.

Sky Dog wrote:

tis true...would be MUCH more objective. He has no bone to pick with anyone.:butt:

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:

Next Baz is gonna say Axl has a thousand songs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

This book actually surpised me.  I really think that Slash praises Axl in it more than he criticizes.  Also, Slash in the book, says many times that he let a lot of stuff happen between him and Axl because he was so drugged out he didn't care to fight the situation.  So that to me is Slash admitting he wishes things could have been different. 

Yes, Slash has changed his story in the media numerous times about reunions, his visit to Axl's home, etc. but what I got out of reading this book was that Slash still respects Axl to a point (maybe as a performer and not as a person?) but nonetheless, he isn't very critical in his wordings.  He is more criticial of Steven and how Steven couldn't seem to manage his heroin/cocaine addicition and still play on stage where Slash had no problem managing the too.

Just my opinion though when I read this book.

Edit to add that when I say Slash respects Axl as a perfomer, he praises him many times as an awesome frontman and lyricist.  The only thing that he did not like was the latenees of Guns taking the stage.

Board footer