You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think Slash gives Axl enough credit when it comes to writing songs, he doesn't actually say it, but reading most of it, might give someone the impression that Steven/Duff/Slash wrote all the songs....

He does get credit, just not enough...

I do presume Axl did bring something to the band other than a personalty & performance.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

But then, since there was a courtcase about name bla bla bla, i don't think slash could talk too much about songwriting without it interfering with legal issues, imagine he said something and that very something could later be used against him ?

Better safe than sorry, that may be the reason there isn't so much credit in favor of axl in the book.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I should have bought this book today when I went grocery shopping. Next time I go to the store I am gonna buy this. I cant really respond to some of these comments without having read the book myself.

Everyone at this forum should buy the book within the next 2 weeks(or check it out at the library), each of us read it within a few days, and then have a detailed discussion about the book.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I look at it as very similar to the new band fans vs the old band fans.  The fans of the new band don't want to give the old band members any credit because they feel it takes away from their band (somehow) and fans of the old band don't want to give the new guys credit for the same reason.

So far, the parts I've read seem to give a lot of the songwriting credits to the band and even some of the lyrical credits to the band.  I have always thought that Axl's contributions to the sonwriting process were exaggerated, but I also believe the book gives him too little credit so far.  We'll see if that changes.

buzzsaw wrote:

I look at it as very similar to the new band fans vs the old band fans.  The fans of the new band don't want to give the old band members any credit because they feel it takes away from their band (somehow) and fans of the old band don't want to give the new guys credit for the same reason.

So far, the parts I've read seem to give a lot of the songwriting credits to the band and even some of the lyrical credits to the band.  I have always thought that Axl's contributions to the sonwriting process were exaggerated, but I also believe the book gives him too little credit so far.  We'll see if that changes.

Really, to little credit.  Hmmm, I wonder if Axl did more with UYI's then he did with AFD.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

As long as an Axl book didn't have Slash in every sentence, I would love to read it.

I think the definitive GNR book would come from Izzy.

Agreed. If it stuck to the whole deal instead of focusing only on members who wear top hats it'd be a great read.

None of them will tell the 'ultimate story of GN'R'. I'd love to read the books of the others', too, cause it'd be interesting to know their point of view.

BTW Didn't Izzy say that Axl wrote a diary and when they met after his quit, Axl listed things he had done against him, and Izzy didn't even remember?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer