You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I guess we're splitting hairs at this point then. I wouldn't see any problem at all with a section just for old v new topics. I still don't see why posts in that vein wouldn't just be moved there in the first place.

If I'm trying to read a topic about CD, why should I have to sit through any posts to do with the past?

Because those posts came up legitimately as part of the discussion.  You seem to want to play in a world where none of the past really happened or it has nothing to do with today, but that just isn't the case.  It happened, it matters, and in most cases, whatever is brought up is relavent to the discussion. 

You (or anybody else - I'm using "you" for simplicity's sake) wanting to see it is another story, but that doesn't mean it deserves to go away.  Get rid of "Slash rulz!1!!!, Axl drulz!!1!!" and crap like that - I will never complain about that.  If a  conversation about new GnR heads towards Shotgun Blues legitimately, then the problem is you and you deal with it.  If you can't deal with it, follow my suggestion and wait until the thread is cleaned up and read it then.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You want to make it fair?  Move all BH vs BBF discussions to this thread.  It's the same exact thing

No its not. Those are two guitarists on these songs, and so far Bucket has been on more songs than Bumble. You think a major player in the Chinese Democracy sessions deserves to be moved to the TWAT section? Dream on.

but since management likes BH (and granted there aren't as many of them), those conversations are allowed.

14 Its 2008 and even though he's been gone for almost 5 years, the bulk of the material(if not all the material) originates from the Bucket era. Of course I "like him". If I didn't, I would hate Chinese Democracy and would probably be in this section often.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Buckethead left more than 4 years ago. I think it's irrelevant to bring up if he would play with a GN'R tribute band. I also don't agree with your comment, James, that if BH did this, people would hate and criticize him. Well, if he did this yesterday (which would have never happened), I'd laugh, but if he did it 6 years ago, I wouldn't complain. I try not to be biased, although I have my preferences. (To tell the truth, I like BH's music more than Ron's.)

James

James wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Buckethead left more than 4 years ago. I think it's irrelevant to bring up if he would play with a GN'R tribute band. I also don't agree with your comment, James, that if BH did this, people would hate and criticize him. Well, if he did this yesterday (which would have never happened), I'd laugh, but if he did it 6 years ago, I wouldn't complain. I try not to be biased, although I have my preferences. (To tell the truth, I like BH's music more than Ron's.)

I know they would respond like that. Surely you didn't forget the years of hatred he endured because Axl and the nutswinger brigade said he exploited the name? Hell, for years Bucket fans were harassed. When it was obvious he was owning songs and was a huge part of them and hating him meant they had to hate the tracks, all his haters finally shut their mouths.

I think its funny that in the post Bucket era certain members actually do what Axl accused Bucket of doing. Its a huge dose of karma to Axl and those who agreed with that sentiment.

Four and a half years later, I'm still waiting for one example of Bucket using the GNR name. I'll be waiting the rest of my life for that because no such example exists.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Four and a half years later, I'm still waiting for one example of Bucket using the GNR name. I'll be waiting the rest of my life for that because no such example exists.

in 2002...Toronto...BH had people, dressed in yellow trenchcoats and BH masks, outside the venue handing BH flyers to fans waitign to get inside.

now I wish i woulda kept mine..but i didnt... 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

You want to make it fair?  Move all BH vs BBF discussions to this thread.  It's the same exact thing

No its not. Those are two guitarists on these songs, and so far Bucket has been on more songs than Bumble. You think a major player in the Chinese Democracy sessions deserves to be moved to the TWAT section? Dream on.

but since management likes BH (and granted there aren't as many of them), those conversations are allowed.

14 Its 2008 and even though he's been gone for almost 5 years, the bulk of the material(if not all the material) originates from the Bucket era. Of course I "like him". If I didn't, I would hate Chinese Democracy and would probably be in this section often.

All the coments and ideas I took the time to throw out there and this is all you respond to?  Why do I even fucking care about this site?

By the way, I bet Shackler's is a pretty good indication of the rest of CD, so get ready to move him to TWAT.

James

James wrote:

I didn't have the time to go through that post line by line at the moment. I grabbed the part that was most relevant at the moment(comparing CD era members to old vs new debates) and responded to it.

misti
 Rep: 1 

misti wrote:

Im disappointed in them all, im a great fan of the OLD guns n roses and the new guns n roses to me is sloppy, dont get me wrong some of their songs are really nice but you can hear axles voice sounds drained and empty, the group plays out of tune at times and with velvet revolver the singer isnt all that good and slash's guitar is out of place, all the original guns n roses belong together they need to get off their high horses and admit themselves wrong and do a comeback......thats my views on all 3 groups...

Board footer