You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Who's still listening to the leaks & SR?

I was wondering who is still listening to the 9 song leak of Chinese Democracy and "Shackler's Revenge" if you have a copy of both?  I personally have to be a certain mood to listen to any of the songs.  Axl's vocals and the production can be a bit much if I have a headache or just want to relax.   

Ironically I remember when the 4 songs leaked back in 2006  I listened to them over and over again along with the live versions of Blues/Madagascar/CD.  Either I'm sick of hearing those particular songs or the remastering and remixing on the new demos have taken the enjoyment out of the tracks. 

What do you all think?  It would suck to finally get the album in late November and then be tired of it by Christmas!  I guess it depends if the 5 new songs we get are better than "Song #2" and "If The World."  If not I might consider Chinese Democracy the best album released.. in 2006.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't listen much anymore. I want to be able to have a slightly fresh take on these tracks when they're released. I did listen to Shackler again after BBF said what he played, but other than that, nada. I mainly listen to Santogold, couple Bucket albums(been diving into Population Override lately), some of Rye Rye's tracks, Arular, Wellwater Conspiracy, one of my 80s discs, and some Spice Girls concerts.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

Yesterday i put the 9 song leak+ shackler's revenge mp3 album i made in my car...
I hadn't listened to any of them in a long time...perhaps 1 month or smth...
Probably 'cuz i got "tired" of the leaks...
But i realised that,people this album is HUGE...i was tryin' to find the weakest song but i couldn't....Rhiad perhaps?
If u detox yourself from GN'R and then start listening to the leaks...you realise that Chinese Democracy is gonna be a great album.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

i Listen to TWAT and Chinese democracy at least 3 times a day each, same with better, other then that i've gone off listening to music at the moment, since i am supposed to be studying. shackler's underwhelms me now, i was completely in love with it when it first leaked, and then fell remotely in love with it after the official release, but since then it seems to bore me.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I got tired of most of the songs. I still listen TWAT, CD and OMG once a week.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka wrote:

I got tired of most of the songs. I still listen TWAT, CD and OMG once a week.

Yeah I wore out Better, IRS & TWAT when they first leaked in 2006.  I even listened to the instrumental versions.   Along with the 2002 live versions of Blues/Madagascar/CD I guess I've heard these songs too many times.  I really wish Axl would have just dropped the album back in 06.   

I still enjoy the extended "Chinese Democracy" with the long intro.  It's fun to listen to while driving.  I prefer the original demos of TWAT, IRS and Better.  And the live versions of Blues, Madagascar & Riyadh aren't that different from the studio ones.  "If The World" has its moments.  But Axl's vocals get on my nerves.  "Song #2" has a few brilliant changes but overall fails.  And "Shackler's" sounds like it comes from a totally different album.

I'm still listening to them, but not as much as I'd like to.

Sky Dog wrote:

I really wish Axl had dropped th album back in 2002....I had played out Chinese, The Blues, Maddy, and Rhiyad already at that point. Now, I mainly listen to If the World, Prostitute, and TWAT. 15

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I still listen to TWAT every now and then, but none of the others.

Board footer