You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: possible information of prostitute and a GNR insider

Sky Dog wrote:

mick my boy, that song always sucked. Sucked then, sucks now, will suck tomorrow. The closest thing Gnr ever did to hair metal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mickronson wrote:

talkin of crappy rehash of original greatness.  ...
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3KMmPiS3ZLI

That's is awful. The music has no power, and Axl is off key bad.

I know DC just made a 'full' resurrection in 2007, but like the new-KOHD, the whole church-hymn thing with those songs totally takes everything that GN'R made it so special out of it. New-DC lacks the GN'R punch because it's slowed down, and everything that GN'R made unique for themselves on KOHD (loved the AFD & UYI era's live, not so much in studio), bringing it closer to Dylan just makes it another cookie-cutter cover that a billion other bands have done. Bring back the big guitars, reggae section, heavy piano, backup singers... those were the fuckin' days.

madagas wrote:

mick my boy, that song always sucked. Sucked then, sucks now, will suck tomorrow. The closest thing Gnr ever did to hair metal.

I've never gotten the facisnation with that song either. Patience also. DC doesn't suck by any means, I mean even if it was 'hair metal' (which I don't think it is), still... for hair metal it would be one of the best.

GNR's crap usually eclipses most.

But Don't Cry, which I prefer in it's UYI II alternate lyrics version, which is stronger imo, still on it's best day is an average song that any version on any Illusion album would certaintly be in the bottom 1/3 of the album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I think Don't Cry is a pretty good song, and I like the alternate version even more.

As for this Prostitute insider report, I'm pretty skeptical. I think Song #2 is likely Prostitute. Didn't Beltrami say that Prostitute was "like fire and ice"? Well that does describe Song #2 I think.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

Personally, I think the demo version of Don't Cry is the best one, mainly because that's the one I heard first. I had a bootleg CD called the Rubmo Tapes that came out before UYI, and the version that was on there (which was the same one as was later on the DC single) was amazing. When I finally heard the album version, I fucking hated how they doubled up Axl's vocals with Shannon Hoon. And I never cared for the alt. lyrics version, either. Just my opinion, though.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i never got into the Alt. Lyrics version...while its lyrics are better overall I think the original has more...I dunno...it just seems more natural. For my brain i need to lean one lyric per song too i guess...so i went with the original. lol.

I wonder how many of us will prefer demo versions of the leaks compared to the finals due to hearing them that way for so many years first.....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If the finals = less Bucket.... probably the demos.

Axlin08 wrote:

If the finals = less Bucket.... probably the demos.

Well I really could careless if Bucket is on any of the songs,but I think he will be,unless ofcourse they just erased all of Buckets solos. 21

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Reagrding the song#2/Prostitute debate, I find it interesting that MSL said that Prostitute was removed from the hoarders trading list after the antiquiet leaks.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

MSl is a piece of shit

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

MSl is a piece of shit

So I take it you didn't listen to the leaks that he got us?

Board footer