You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

much better context here

axl's proves his point by releasing his album. that is set to happen in a month, potentially. the album, which you have essentially pointed out, has stood in the way of a reunion this whole time. since people seem to understand that we are now beginning to see an increase in reunion talk. the chance of a reunion becomes exceedingly more realistic from a logistic point of view after the album is released. axl proves he has his vision and can coordinate a massive collaberation without the people that he feels abandoned him but with a bunch of uknowns and yet it still comes out sounding pretty good. he no longer needs finck and company to do this much and a reunion after the cd would sell out the biggest venues in the world and help the cd sales as well. and probably be a lot of fun for everyone.

well i dont know how much fun it'll be for everyone...if you remember the gnr guys were basically killing themselves with booze and drugs while waiting for axl to show up for gigs back in the 90's

and the majority of peopel here would agree that Slash and duff wont do CD era material (some think they cant somethink they wont) it doesnt really matter tbh....and why would Slash and Duff rejoin GnR to make Axl's pockets fatter? i dont get that argument..and will Axl share his porfits for CD with Slash and Duff? very doubtful..will Axl allow Slash and Duff back into the partnership? Extremely doubtful

but now i see where we disagree on this matter...you think CD is the roadblock for a reunion...i think the lack of a freindship and common ideals is the roadblock

there isnt one big thing standing in the way of a reunion...its a million little things

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl isn't going on stage on time so he should just say that a Gnr reunion won't happen...

Axl can hit the stage on time if he wants to. He never missed any "important" appearance. The MTV crowd was never forced to wait several hours for Jungle or NR or a medley. The only people he dares to do this are his fans. For non-fans and music business guys he has a different approach.

very true, human nature says we take adavantage most of the ones that love us and only when we can get away with it.

although, axl's claim that it all revolves around him giving his best performance for the fans may be supported by your own example - MTV. '02 was hist worst performance ever, that i know of anyways.

i do think axl would be willing to trim the wait down a bit if the rest of old gnr approached him about a reunion and cited his tardiness as something that needs to change in order for it to happen.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Funny how the CD release date thread turned into another reunion topic. My two cents: they can do a one-off reunion, or 4-5 shows on the continents, but there won't be a real reunion (world tour or an album) in the foreseeable future, since Axl is more of a hermit than in the UYI days and the passion his camp hates Slash and the others tell a lot about how he feels about the guys. If Axl think otherwise, these puupets wouldn't dare to talk shit. On the other party... Slash wants the GN'R fame back, for sure, although he enjoys most of the spot light, more than anyone ever associated with GN'R. But he doesn't want to deal with some of the lead-singer syndromes. Duff would do it, I think, for a tour or so, but his focus is on his family. Izzy... he wouldn't be away if the others were ready.

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

much better context here

axl's proves his point by releasing his album. that is set to happen in a month, potentially. the album, which you have essentially pointed out, has stood in the way of a reunion this whole time. since people seem to understand that we are now beginning to see an increase in reunion talk. the chance of a reunion becomes exceedingly more realistic from a logistic point of view after the album is released. axl proves he has his vision and can coordinate a massive collaberation without the people that he feels abandoned him but with a bunch of uknowns and yet it still comes out sounding pretty good. he no longer needs finck and company to do this much and a reunion after the cd would sell out the biggest venues in the world and help the cd sales as well. and probably be a lot of fun for everyone.

well i dont know how much fun it'll be for everyone...if you remember the gnr guys were basically killing themselves with booze and drugs while waiting for axl to show up for gigs back in the 90's

and the majority of peopel here would agree that Slash and duff wont do CD era material (some think they cant somethink they wont) it doesnt really matter tbh....and why would Slash and Duff rejoin GnR to make Axl's pockets fatter? i dont get that argument..and will Axl share his porfits for CD with Slash and Duff? very doubtful..will Axl allow Slash and Duff back into the partnership? Extremely doubtful

but now i see where we disagree on this matter...you think CD is the roadblock for a reunion...i think the lack of a freindship and common ideals is the roadblock

there isnt one big thing standing in the way of a reunion...its a million little things

very true, neemo. i just don't think they were ever friends. they were band mates from the get go. axl to the rest of them, i mean. after izzy left it became 100 percent business. it probably wasn't much fun at that point.

to simplify the money thing - right now everyone is getting paid for their work but axl is getting paid more because he owns the brand name. cd release doesn't really change anything. a reunion doesn't have to either if everyone agrees to equal profits from the tour per contract.

if a reunion is to happen in the next 2 years it is already in the works so, as far as old gnr playing cd songs, a solution has been considered behind the scenes. i do not know what though 16

war

war wrote:

if it were all by my design - old gnr would be in the studio right now doing  everything from reworking cd era songs, not to be on cd, to creating new songs from scratch to axl putting his touches on any vr unreleased material.

in order.

1-cd - with old band reuniting behind the scenes before, during, or shortly after

2-reunion tour shortly after - they play only cd songs that are on the radio and maybe they also play a couple of the new-old gnr songs that haven't been released yet. yes i think they would be willing to do it if they could improvise with it a bit. tour profits split evenly.

3-gnr releases their next album with axl, slash, duff, izzy, and anyone other than matt. another contracy created solely for this album if axl is not willing to give back rights to the band name.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i already said its not about the money....Slash and Duff will not go back unless they get part of the partnership back....which aint gonna happen

as for them being freinds...of course they were, they lived together for years before gnr made it big as well as touring together for years..things you'd know if you read slash's book...trust me you'd like it if you were a fan of gnr back then

war

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i already said its not about the money....Slash and Duff will not go back unless they get part of the partnership back....which aint gonna happen

it's always about the money. not necessarily for deposit but for self worth as well. one person may not be willing to get less money cause it's like saying you are less important, even though these peope could live off what they already have for the rest of their lives and then some.

Neemo wrote:

as for them being freinds...of course they were, they lived together for years before gnr made it big as well as touring together for years..things you'd know if you read slash's book...trust me you'd like it if you were a fan of gnr back then

they were in the band first though and i see no evidence that they hung out AFTER THEY MADE IT BIG outside of touring, which was the point in the first place(slash didn't go to axl's house to hang out cause they didn't even do that during the UYI era outside of performing).

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If the price is right, they'll all reunite. Talks were under way in 2006, and the money was left on the table. Why? Because he thought he still had the 'new-GNR' card. They still thought they had the 'VR' card. They had other outlets to play, be successful, make money, and do it all without GN'R or without GNR's former members.

That ain't the situation no more. Libertad by all means was a flop, VR is still without a lead singer, nobody seems to care to find them one (because the band WITH Weiland was pretty much over), and other than solo work (ooh, hush my mouth) they don't have ANYTHING on tap. Axl has lost ALL credibility with new GN'R and his new vision. People just don't care anymore. They've been used, they've been lied to, they've been manipulated. Shackler's Revenge & If The World were DOA to the general public. There was no media blitz. There was no hype. There was no GN'R ruling the world again attitude. It was blink and you'll miss it. No one cares at this point, and ONLY because of Irving Azoff and maybe the love Ridley Scott has for GN'R, is the ONLY reason that GN'R were able to even get a song on a high-profile film release.

At this point, all they have is the money. Slash & Duff would never demand an equal share in the band. The reason? They know there's no fuckin' way in hell they'll ever get it. Just like Slash having an issue with Axl's lateness. He'll deal with it. He dealt with Weiland, he'll deal with Axl. Don't even worry about it. I suggest he get a PSP, it'll make the wait alot smoother.

Sky Dog wrote:

you have all lost your mind....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

you have all lost your mind....

Not really madagas.  Just shows you what the fans want at this point and while I do not like it, fans won't be happy with CD anymore, they want a reunion as well.  I say a reunion WILL happen in a not so distant future.  I ain't happy about it cause it'll be a huge disappointment.  But if they must do it then do it right and release an album with the original lineup as well as have a tour.  Sure the tour and album will be a huge letdown but at least it'll be out of the way.

Why do I think it'll be a letdown?  Cause we're dealing with men now.  They've all grown up, they have kids, Duff can't go back to his old ways or he'll die.  Before we had the most dangerous band in the world and they left us with that image.  But fans don't realise that the band won't be that anymore.  All bands evolve so has GNR.  Difference is that GNR evolved sepaerately.  And the best example I can give you is Metallica.  The last album, most people here complained it sounded like the music was forced.  That's because the guy's can't redo a Master of Puppets cause they've grown, they're in a different place now.  It'll be the same with GNR.  People will expect another AFD or another UYI and it won't happen cause Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy are in different places in their lives now, they don't see life like they saw it back then.

BTW if CD had been released a few years ago the fans would've settled for just CD.

Board footer