You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Pitmans official website opened

Neemo wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buzz, how the hell is he the worst thing to happen to Gnr? My god, he actually seems like an interesting, artistic guy....not your stereotypical cock rocking Sunset Strip pooffy haired clown. He hangs with the guys from Tool, does his own thing, plays a little in Axl's Orchestra....seems like a very cool guy to me.

OH PALEASE does he wear a top hat? no? then hes the worst thing that ever happened to GNR, the same with Paul huge, solely because slash said he didn't like him in his autobiography, Paul huge is terrible terrible human being, a rapist and murderer, same with Pittman, no slash, NO GO MANG!

i was just channeling buzzsaw, sorry about that.

buzzsaw didnt even mention slash...so stop trying to bait him...

there are obvoiusly some people who prefer no keys in gnr music...i'd love gnr to be a 5 peice band again...it aint gonna happen but everyone is entitled to their opinions on the music...

personally i happen to like the bubbly weird pitman part in better...alot of people hate it though..jsut personal preference

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Interesting to think of Axl playing lead guitar...

Nice to hear Chris come out and speak about GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Chris is one of the best things that happened to GNR.

If you listen to those 2002 soundboards of The Blues you can hear the Lusk influence. Better is a prime example of having Pittman's fingerprints all over it.

His fingerprint is the thing that keeps the song from being better.  Clutter, clutter, and more clutter.

Now you're bitching just to bitch. OLD.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buzz, how the hell is he the worst thing to happen to Gnr? My god, he actually seems like an interesting, artistic guy....not your stereotypical cock rocking Sunset Strip pooffy haired clown. He hangs with the guys from Tool, does his own thing, plays a little in Axl's Orchestra....seems like a very cool guy to me.

It's actually pretty easy.  He adds NOTHING to the majority of the songs - in most cases, he subtracts from the songs.  He should not be a member of the band.  If they want to use him as an additional musician on a couple songs, I have no problem with that, but GnR never has and never will have a need for a full time effects guy.  All he does is bring clutter to the table no matter how interesting he might be as a person.

Hanging with Tool isn't a plus in my book, but to each their own.

A song where I feel like Pitman really added to a song is Catcher in the Rye and the 99' version of IRS. I know I'm in the minority, but those 99 mixes had such a funky groove to them. I think Chinese Democracy would have been a classic with songs like '99 IRS with the sirens and CITR with Brian May... shit sounded good and progressive, even if unmixed in leak form. Some people might have disliked it, but it would have it's own niche and Axl could have moved on to crazy stuff later, gotten sales, and good reviews. Now it sounds like a claustrophobic mess....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
misterID wrote:

If you listen to those 2002 soundboards of The Blues you can hear the Lusk influence. Better is a prime example of having Pittman's fingerprints all over it.

While he's definitely not the worst thing to happen to GNR let's be realistic here, he ain't the best thing to happen to GNR either.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

A song where I feel like Pitman really added to a song is Catcher in the Rye and the 99' version of IRS. I know I'm in the minority, but those 99 mixes had such a funky groove to them.

I am not a fan of that 99 stuff at all persoanlly

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

His fingerprint is the thing that keeps the song from being better.  Clutter, clutter, and more clutter.

Now you're bitching just to bitch. OLD.

I don't think that's "bitching just to bitch" at all.  I agree with him that the songs are too cluttered, I like them more than he does, but that doesn't make his point wrong.  As a matter of fact at least 3 people that I've played the leaks for said the same thing, and didn't really like them for that reason either.  I like them a lot, but think some could be much better if stripped down. 

I don't know how much I agree with the fact that it's Pittman's fault though, especially after reading Slash's book and hearing his description of Axl recording November Rain way back when.  Sometimes it works and sounds great, sometimes it just sounds like there's too much going on. 

It is possible Pittman and Axl are kinda kindred spirits in their love of multiple layers, and that just pushes it further, but there's not gonna be anything on these songs that isn't there because it's what Axl wants.

I've had a theory for a while that it'll come out that a lot of the things Pittman is getting credit for will end up being done by Axl when we're able to see credits/liner notes, but if he's getting a bunch of songwriting credits I'm probably wrong.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He's welcome to his opinions. Outside the GNR topic I like his posts. But its the same negative slant on everything new GNR related. Like I said, old.

And the leaks aren't mixed.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i agree with every word of that post - ID

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer