You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts on Best Buy.com

Axlin16 wrote:

Here's what I expect a press release to reveal...

CD is coming
It will be exclusively released buy Best Buy on Nov. 23rd
A summary of the album's history, and why he feels it's now ready and his happiness that it's finally being released
Any very basic and general information about possible future albums in the near future
The band plans to tour "Spring 2009" (for example), dates will be announced later

My guess is it'll be left up to Best Buy themselves to reveal cover art, and bonus material information. They're just waiting because the GN'R camp hasn't made an official announcement.

But a full backstory, who's in the band, the status of the band, tracklists (for CD or any future albums), core specifics on future albums... these will not be addressed at all.

Sky Dog wrote:

a press release from Axl will be highly disappointing at this juncture......the cat is out of the bag and if you think he is going to spill a decade of dirt on his album release day, think again. We will get nothing but a release date and a tracklist (hopefully spelled correctly). Just my nickel....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

a press release from Axl will be highly disappointing at this juncture......the cat is out of the bag and if you think he is going to spill a decade of dirt on his album release day, think again. We will get nothing but a release date and a tracklist (hopefully spelled correctly). Just my nickel....

I agree, and its why I'm a bit surprised by the demands at all the forums for Axl to 'spill the beans'. The beans have been spilled. There's nothing else at this juncture he needs to tell us. Finck's status, trilogy dreams,etc. do not have to be addressed at this time. "Joe the plumber" doesn't give two shits about any of that stuff.

We are the choir, and he knows he doesn't have to preach. Regardless of how big or small the promotion is, they will not be marketing it towards us.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I didn't know I was playing a drinking game that whenever Joe The Plumber came up I had to take a shot. I'd have been prepared...

anyway!

I wonder if...
1: There's a proper press release - shorter
2: 'Letter to the fan's'

Having two things would give appropriate venue for both kinds of information people are curious about.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I think it'll be simple and to the point. The 'Letter to the fans' that we all want will probably be an in depth interview in RS, People, etc. magazine at some point.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. It would make no sense for Axl to come out, and give some labored statement that would take up have the free space on GNR.com, when he could just give the exact same info in a high profile interview, and actually help his own cause... album sales.

I think the reason it's so mum right now, is Azoff is now driving the bus when it comes to ANY publicity for the band or when they speak. Axl's just sitting back, watching the Rays/Red Sox, and waiting for the call.

I would hope a press release would reveal more than we ever imagined, but I get the feeling it'll just be CONFIRMING, what's already out there. Best Buy & Azoff will handle the rest.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Magazines like RS will be stumbling over each other to get the first interview with Axl. Its gonna be a hot ticket. I cant wait to get that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think VH1 Classic would probably express heavy interest in interviews, behind the scenes stuff, concerts, promoting, etc.

But I don't really think you'll see anything anywhere else. MTV & MTV2 both don't market this kind of stuff anymore (it has to be hip hop or Kanye West for them to give a shit), and VH1 is all about reality shows. You might see new GN'R videos pop up late at night on Nocturnal State, but nothing more than that.

I think print & tv interviews, videos & tours are possible, but a massive TV/Radio push will be unlikely imo.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Anything less than  "The Rolling Stones" era style press release will be a huge disappointment. .He should have some fun with this ,

I like Halloween (or eve) for an announcement. If they get this right it will be out before the holidays. We are heading into some wacky times...He should finally fit  in....

Board footer