You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Video and tour in the works according to Rolling Stone

Axlin16 wrote:

Seems fake to me. But it's not really a problem. I'm just here to be as intrigued by the next move this band makes as anyone. I have my opinions of how it'll shape up.

I just feel that some of us diehards, that have supported the new band for the last seven years, have EARNED the right to be skeptical of these type of posts. I was there. I supported them. Stood up for them. Defended them.

I think alot of people that have absolutely trashed Axl over the years, and the new members, are gonna suddenly come out of the wood work and start talking about how much they love him, and have supported him, and I can't wait to here this album.

These people need to be called out for what they are. Bandwagoners. When GN'R is down, they're trash, when GN'R is kickin' ass, they're the greatest. It's not right, I hate it, and i'm just WAITING for it to happen in the coming month.

That was the move that Buzz seemed to be making, and immediately why I got defensive. Don't walk in here like you're some Axlite.

I've mentioned a story before on this forum, where me and a co-worker one time ad to be seperated from an argument in 2006, when I was defending Axl and the new band 'til my throat was sore, and this guy was just talking the worst things about them, and "I hope they die" and all this lame stuff. I ran into him the other day, and he mentioned that "he can't wait to hear CD"... and I wanted "cut his fuckin' head off, stick it in a duffle bag, and bury in the back yard" - W. Axl Rose.

So I apologize to anyone I might offend or derail in the coming months, as I get reintouch with my inner-Axlite.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll believe a tour when I see it, and if they do tour, they need to start the tour in central cali to make up for those canceled dates in 06 to 'finish the album'.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they do tour James, I think they will. They cancelled on us Florida folk right before our dates in 2002.... guess where they started off in 2006?

Not only Florida, but FOUR dates.

I think they'll make up for Cali.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Now come on Russ, even Buzz knew what I was talking about bro. He's very anti-new band.

I'm actually someone who LOVES them, and wants to see them out on tour, and kickin' ass.

I'm just a realist.

That's my view of the situation as well. I'm glad that Robin cleaned up the freak show act that he had in 2002 and looked like a badass in 2006. Fortus is awesome. So is Stinson. But it's pretty obvious that they are pretty much done as a band at this point.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm just holding on to the dream that that isn't true.

I'm hoping that the tour happens in early 09 with Richard & Robin back on board after they're done with what they're up to currently.

Here's my question. Do any of the leaks have "hit" potential outside of maybe Better? Yes, Axl has managed to tour twice with no album but I just don't know if he'll be able to pull it off a third time with an album that has no hits (which is what this album is shaping up to be).

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I honestly think #2 has huge hit potential.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think there are plenty of potential hits, but that's just my opinion and what do I know?  Only time will tell if the majority weighs in positively.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

azoff gets the gold star and an A+ for doing what many thought was impossible.

also, going on the assumption that the RS report was/is true about a tour in 2009 and it is some incarnation of the 2006 line-up, I imagine he will have a better touring plan than Merck did--probably focus on smaller venues with a few biggies here and there (MSG)

Board footer