You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Video and tour in the works according to Rolling Stone

Axlin16 wrote:

I think there's a few we've heard that have hit potential. Better, CD, Shackler, Song #2.

Songs like The Blues & TWAT might be too much of a 'throwback' to be successful on modern radio. I think IRS & Madagascar will be the Bad Obsession and/or Breakdown of their generation.

I don't think Riyadh or Catcher will be on the album.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
NickNasty2009 wrote:

azoff gets the gold star and an A+ for doing what many thought was impossible.

also, going on the assumption that the RS report was/is true about a tour in 2009 and it is some incarnation of the 2006 line-up, I imagine he will have a better touring plan than Merck did--probably focus on smaller venues with a few biggies here and there (MSG)

Yeah Azoff is awesome. I think he laid down the law with Axl and told him, "I'm not a yes man. Either shit or get off the pot."

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So...album coming out. Perhaps Bucket will come back for a tour?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah Azoff is awesome. I think he laid down the law with Axl and told him, "I'm not a yes man. Either shit or get off the pot."

Azoff probably told him when discussions first started that the album has to come out. No games, no soap operas, no excuses,etc. Everything probably hinged on that one thing(CD). Regardless of tours, merch, reunions, blah blah blah, this has to be done before ANYTHING can happen.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

..and Brain.

I truely believe if the new band launch a tour, that both Bucket & Brain will be back. Not so much on Robin though. I really think Ron would be kept on.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

..and Brain.

I truely believe if the new band launch a tour, that both Bucket & Brain will be back. Not so much on Robin though. I really think Ron would be kept on.

I have my doubts Bucket would come back.  I think Robin would be in before him.  Brain is possible.  I really could care less though.  Whoever is taking the stage, as long as there is a stage to be taken, I am THERE!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Bucket seemed to remain open to returning when the album was released, and he was practically begged to return in 2006.

They'll ask again imo, if the new band 'idea' is still alive. I hope he returns. The 2002 GN'R seemed much more like a band than the 2006-07 version.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Azoff probably told him when discussions first started that the album has to come out. No games, no soap operas, no excuses,etc. Everything probably hinged on that one thing(CD). Regardless of tours, merch, reunions, blah blah blah, this has to be done before ANYTHING can happen.

azoff gets the gold star and an A+ for doing what many thought was impossible.

Anyone know Azoffs mailing address?  We got a few thank you cards to send out.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You can thank Irving Azoff and his management group by buying every version of CD.

Seriously.

Board footer