You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

war wrote:

to me, shacklers is a fun song. not a hit but a decent song. it sounds amazing in headphones for all of the effects going on in the background and will be interesting to listen to on vinyl.

if the world is a great mood song. it's cool if you are doing something else while playing it in the backrgound. it is a perfect song for the credits in a movie.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Shackler's is SORELY underrated by fans, like Prostitute.

Both are in the Top-5 of new GN'R tracks (we've heard), with Prostitute being in the Top-5 of all GN'R songs imo.

Yeah, I went there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ except its not prostitute 16

CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

What makes me doubt that it's Prostitute is the description of the song, especially the last comment by Paul Buckmaster.

The song is said to have sounded "Appetite For Destruction"-ish.

[It's a] mid-up, kind of biting 4 minute song with an aggressive rhythm section. The way I wrote for the string section (32-piece, consisting of ten 1st Violins, eight 2nd Violins, six violas, and eight cellos) gave the song another dimension. [The song is] powerful, like fire and ice.

there is not a song that would sound more out of place on AFD than song 2

song 2 is 6:24 minutes long not 4....

i wouldnt describe the song as "biting" at least not in a complimentary way

and there is definately no agressive rhythm section....

in short song 2 is NOT prostitute based on buckmasters description 19

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually Song #2 has violins just like Buckmaster described. Couple his actual description being correct with the "fire and ice" thing (which is exactly what the song is, ice being the intro & outro, fire being the middle), and the blantant fact the song has PROSTITUTE in the lyrics.

What song did you listen to Neemo?

That's what the song was like when Buckmaster was on board. I'm sure TWAT was only 3-1/2 minutes at one time to, 'til it underwent more and more studio tweaking.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Did you take into consideration we heard one of possibly a hundred versions of Prostitute?

Prostitute was on the 06-07 setlist. All the 08 leaks are on the "official" tracklist. Every 'new' song from the 01-07 setlists leaked, one being a mystery track, that happens to coincide with one track on the setlist.

In the words of Diamond Dave:

'It aint rocket surgery....."

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Shackler's is SORELY underrated by fans, like Prostitute.

Both are in the Top-5 of new GN'R tracks (we've heard), with Prostitute being in the Top-5 of all GN'R songs imo.

Yeah, I went there.

I disagree with you on Shackler's. I like the song, but I don't love it. Now, Prostitute (Song 2) is great. Love that song. Not Top 5 of all-time by GN'R, but still a great song nonetheless.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Plus couple that with the fact... how many fuckin' GN'R songs are going to have violins?

This has to be it, barring any chance it's This I Love, which that Patti what's her face confirmed it isn't This I Love.

Bottom line is, it's Prostitute, and the only reason people are fighting it, is because they had this grandeur image in their heads for 7-8 years that Prostitute was Bohemian Rhapsody II... well it ain't.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

What song did you listen to Neemo?

the one where he sings...

"ask yourself what i would do
to drag me down myself
to live with fortune and shame"

or something i dunno what the fuck hes says but i dont think he says prostitute at all tongue

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Where is The General?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the one where he sings...

"ask yourself what i would do
to drag me down myself
to live with fortune and shame"

or something i dunno what the fuck hes says but i dont think he says prostitute at all tongue

to PROSTITUTE myself.

Board footer