You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

Can we stop with the fighting already?

This is not the place for that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I don't think that's it at all Tejas. I think THIS IS CD. Or at least CD I.

This has been the intended album for ages. Hell Prostitute has been an instrumental intro to NR since 2002.

There's more up their sleeve.

It also goes back to "flow". Does it flow well. But from what i've seen, and know of these songs, this is gonna be alot like Use Your Illusion II. Very epic ballad-heavy.

Yes. Epic ballads work for me. They are some of my favorite old GN'R songs. Not exactly sure how it translates to having hits on the radio and whatnot in current times, but I dig the epic stuff. I know James was hoping for more rockers.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Tejas there is no point in arguing with Wink. He/She baits intentionally.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Speaking of the flow of things, time to reorder the leaks in iTunes to see how the songs flow together. LOL.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

This has been the intended album for ages. Hell Prostitute has been an instrumental intro to NR since 2002.

It also goes back to "flow". Does it flow well. But from what i've seen, and know of these songs, this is gonna be alot like Use Your Illusion II. Very epic ballad-heavy.

Yes. Epic ballads work for me. They are some of my favorite old GN'R songs. Not exactly sure how it translates to having hits on the radio and whatnot in current times, but I dig the epic stuff. I know James was hoping for more rockers.

Yeah I knew that'd NEVER happen.

Axl always seemed to carry GN'R in a Queen-fashion, I knew epics would be his trademark for the rest of his career after the Illusion albums. Whether it's The Garden or I.R.S. or Breakdown or Madagascar or Estranged or TWAT, etc.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah I knew that'd NEVER happen.

Axl always seemed to carry GN'R in a Queen-fashion, I knew epics would be his trademark for the rest of his career after the Illusion albums. Whether it's The Garden or I.R.S. or Breakdown or Madagascar or Estranged or TWAT, etc.

Eh, I consider Garden and IRS to be pretty rockin' songs overall. The others you mentioned though, definitely epics in my book. From this album, the rockers that we know of:

1. Better
2. IRS
3. Rhiad
4. Chinese D
5. Shackler's
6. Sorry (assumed to be a doom metal song)

Ballads:

1. Street of Dreams
2. If The World

Epics:

1. Prostitute
2. Madagascar
3. Catcher
4. TWAT
5. This I Love (assumed to be an epic ballad)

Wildcard
1. Scraped - have no idea what this will sound like.

So overall, looks like a fairly even breakdown of rockers and ballads/epics

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

when you consider that Merck made a comment when IRS first leaked, something along the lines of "It's not A-list or top 10" or something like that... seems odd to me that it ends up on the album if thats the case

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

when you consider that Merck made a comment when IRS first leaked, something along the lines of "It's not A-list or top 10" or something like that... seems odd to me that it ends up on the album if thats the case

Maybe he was telling the truth. Maybe it's not Top 10 but it's Top 14. 16

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

well thats true I guess... but he seemed to indicate with that comment that the song was nothing special (which I agree with tongue)

obviously special enough though

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

well thats true I guess... but he seemed to indicate with that comment that the song was nothing special (which I agree with tongue)

obviously special enough though

Well, I can say that I like it quite a bit. I even like the added synth elements from Pitman that are in the newer versions. Unlike Better where the added synth hurts the song, I feel that the added synth in IRS is pretty cool because it's pretty catchy instead of just annoying background noise like in Better.

Board footer