You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Where Do We Go Now?

Neemo wrote:

the entire online exisitance of the GnR fanbase has been waiting for chinese democracy to see the light of day

what does everything think is in store as we approach uncharted waters?

its gonna be weird

"So nobody ever told you baby
How it was gonna be
So what'll happen to you baby
Guess we'll have to wait and see"

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

very wierd

i plan on getting a life

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

We've been in uncharted waters for the past week. two songs from the album have been heard by the public (public meaning not the diehard fans). When it gets announced tomorrow, I wouldnt be suprised if this site crashes from all the traffic. i've already had some "Error 500" messages when trying to get here.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

You know at the end of the film Waterworld, Kevin Costner's character - when he sees and tastes 'dry land' for the first ever time?

Some of us will go back to the water and wait the second (I doubt there is enough tracks for three), more Beltrami-based album.  I really do think it could be miles better....

As I said on mygnr, up to seven Beltrami 'tracks' could be unheard; as long as the two songs on CD + 'This I Love' are not them.  Then there is the 'reworked', 'older' stuff as well.

I have always been interested in the themes of this album as it could be quite interesting - and am thinking of making a thread pulling together all we know about it; descriptions of the Beltrami songs, etc.; in the New Year.

AR

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I can tell you one place I'm not going, and that's into an immediate soap opera regarding a second album. 16

I think when this leaks/is released, the fanbase should just embrace the album, enjoy it or despise it, and let the fans and the band take a deep breath. Dive into it for a couple months like you would some other record you enjoy. The songs will be analyzed, dissected, etc. in the coming weeks.

Fans should take either another silent era after release or a wait for a tour in stride.

Its been an incredibly long journey that most of us have been on half our lives.

We are finally being given closure on this chapter.

As far as what direction awaits the fanbase in a post CD era, I think the cries for a reunion(not meant as a thread hijack) will grow louder while a dwindling number awaits album two(and three). In other words, a fanbase divided, just like its been since 1995.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

so is that it? we are doomed to wait for a followup album? will we be bored of it out of the gate? will fans be content to disect every last note on the album and every word in the album booklet?

will we see a reunion? will the current band continue on and tour again with mostly new material? Will Axl stay in hiding and possibly retire? What is Robin's fate? Buckethead? Brain?

will we get to read Axl's autobiography? What will happen at the HOF induction? or will they even be inducted?

so many unknowns an possibilities, for me a big part of it hinges on how well CD does in the charts...while i personally dont care as long as i dig the music...i really think this bands existence is on the edge of a knifeblade at the moment

James

James wrote:
Arcade Roses wrote:

up to seven Beltrami 'tracks' could be unheard; as long as the two songs on CD + 'This I Love' are not them.  Then there is the 'reworked', 'older' stuff as well.

AR

Blah. I'm not falling into that trap. I don't like where it leads.:haha: Not meant as a stab at you, just the feeling in general.

I  felt Axl would put his best material on the album. Its going to be the most scrutinized album in history(and he knows this), and it wasn't gonna get overloaded with B list material.

Therefore, any song on this album must have been superior in some capacity to any track in the vault that could have replaced them. While I would love to hear what's left in the vault, its not gonna be a constant craving because it wouldn't still be in the vault if it was worthy of Chinese Democracy.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

although james.....putting all this material out there cleans the proverbial slate..as far as we can tell ll the stuff the hoarders have is going to be released on this album...after the cd gets released, the general and thyme will be the 2 biggies that have been built up a bit over the years...and we have no idea what they will sound like at all...i personally think there are a couple aces up Axl's sleeves still .... if there is a second disk

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so is that it? we are doomed to wait for a followup album? will we be bored of it out of the gate? will fans be content to disect every last note on the album and every word in the album booklet?

will we see a reunion? will the current band continue on and tour again with mostly new material? Will Axl stay in hiding and possibly retire? What is Robin's fate? Buckethead? Brain?

will we get to read Axl's autobiography? What will happen at the HOF induction? or will they even be inducted?

so many unknowns an possibilities

This is sort of what I meant by taking a deep breath. Some distance is gonna have to pass after the release so we can see which roads this could lead.

If massive promo is done and they start touring fairly quickly, it'll look like Axl is taking one last chance with his new era. Several possibilities there. If its extremely low key and not only Axl does little to no promo but the band doesn't either, its safe to say it was 'one and done' and Azoff is frying other fish.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i agree james that we shouldn't expect any surprises but..........

there are so many track names that have been talked about by producers and musicans as being strong tracks that are not on this tracklist, i have a hard time believing some of these songs (without mentioning any to avoid arguments) are the best of the whole bunch. if the two songs i am referring to are better than rest of the songs that are not on cd i don't think there will be a second album from the new band. having said that, i am excited about this album although i wish axl would've found a happier medium type tracklist between songs for the noobs that haven't heard any new gnr and songs for the people that have stuck with him through all of the let downs(us downloading mother fuckers). 3 unheard songs???

Board footer