You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

Re: XM Radio

ereeper wrote:

In September, XM featured a Metallica channel.  Now in October, they are featuring a AC/DC channel.  My thoughts are, does GN'R have a big enough catalog to even think about striking a deal with XM to get their own channel for the month of November?  I'm leaning towards a "yes".  If you include Live Era and the new album you have 8 cd's worth of singles.  Both the Metallica and AC/DC channels have had interviews and live songs that weren't released on albums.  You know if you throw in some live cuts from the Ritz, Rio, Paris, and Japan I think you can fill the month no problem.  The Metallica channel slowly played the new songs up to the release date and then played them all.  They also played the entire album just before the release from start to finish.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i'd say they have more radio friendly songs than both of those bands put together but xm plays everything if i am not mistaken. in which case i still say they have plenty of tunes. the quality would make up for any lack of quantity and people that don't own the albums would love hearing nighttrain don't damn me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Well the Metallica channel played "So What" so I think they would not hesitate due to any lyrical content.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

My interest would be if they did do interviews.  I would assume only the current band.  It's not like Metallica used any old Jason or Cliff interviews, just the current players.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

102 songs by my count(a little less since i included all the CDs and since Lies...) That's plenty! mix that in with interviews, demos etc like Metallica did and booyah.   Also found it interesting that Sirius radio has an AC/DC channel too....Signs of a merger?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
strat0 wrote:

102 songs by my count(a little less since i included all the CDs and since Lies...) That's plenty! mix that in with interviews, demos etc like Metallica did and booyah.   Also found it interesting that Sirius radio has an AC/DC channel too....Signs of a merger?

Don't you mean signs of THE merger?  The 2 companies already merged a couple months ago.  Subscribers can now purchase the "best of" for the one they don't currently have. 

The only problem with an all GNR channel, if the goal is to promote the new album, would be the familiar faces aren't there anymore.  Not sure if that would be a problem or not.  Axl didn't have any problem playing AFD stuff in concert with the new guys so it doesn't seem like it would be.  I think there's enough material to do it.  I'd love it.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Crosses fingers

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think there would be some hang ups on this concept.

If it's a GN'R channel, to be associated with the new band for promotion of CD, Axl might be reluctant to have back catalog stuff and old live performances all over the channel.

Board footer