You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Thinking of Axl and the Emotional Cost of CD

monkeychow wrote:

Hey,

Sorry if this is a pointless thread...i've just been pondering something today...and that is...imagine what this must be like for Axl himself.

As fans...it's been a long road to where we are now...the excitment of shows we've attended, the anticipation with each glimpse of new music, be it when played live or through leaks and the like, the frustrations when there were set backs. The disputes over the various online dramas that have played out. Even as people who were told NOT to wait for this by the band...there's been many high and low points. Joys and Sorrows.

Now...here we are at the verge...the CD is about to be released...it's really happening, and it's kinda an emotional time for many of us I think - some feel excitment, some disbelief, some disapointment, some pure joy - the whole spectrum of emotions is covered with this....and that's just us...I got to thinking...imagine what it must be like for Axl himself:

*He's spent much of his working life on this one project. Now it's done. How must that feel?
*The pressure of justifying using the old name, living up to the incredibly high standards he hit with his other records. Knowing the world is waiting to take a shot at you if it's not cool.
*The dramas...to us its the "revolving door" or whatever...to Axl these people would have be friends and employees....people he knows on a personal basis....

and everything else..i'm sure there's a list...i was just thinking for everythign that's big for us...it's all more direct and more 1st person for him...

This album comming out is massive for me, I can't even dream what it must be like to be Axl himself and be sitting back watching this begin to happen. I wonder how he will react when it's out there and done. Sucessful or not (although I think it will be) - either way - it will be a massive part of his life accounted for and a huge release of some kind emotionally doing it - good or bad - i wouldn't know...but it must inspire so many feelings at once!

So, all the dramas aside, all the "fucking shit" as GNR would say aside, politics of old and new GNR aside, my love of the old band and slash etc aside, delays and what not aside, here's to what I think will be a great album (from what I've heard), and heres respect to a great composer and entertainer and a guy who's made a hell of a difference to a lot of lives. Here is to Axl....I hope this works out as good for him as it's been for me! Cheers Axl! 5 9

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I hear ya

This is his 'life's work' so to speak

Although it will be impossible to ever top Appetite, I wouldn't be surprised if CD is the album that Axl (not GN'R) is most remembered for when looking back in future years.

Either way, you have to hand it to him - rightly or wrongly, he has created something unique, mysterious and incredibly exciting - the music is only one facet of that - there is so much more to CD for me (although the music is obviously the most important part)

I just hope it plays out well for everyone and that it regenerates some of the credibility that has eroded over the years

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I think it's also got to be a big hit to be so misunderstood by his fans, and also, to possibly be so misunderstanding of his fans. Got to be frustrating.

Board footer