You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Worth the Wait???

Gunslinger wrote:

Many of us have waited for Chinese Democracy for a LONG time now.  Fourteen years later and it looks like the album will finally be released.  Over the past few years I have eagerly awaited for this album along with some other fans who have become forum staples and close friends of mine.  Often I imagined how cool it would be to share the moment with my friends when Chinese Democracy finally (if!!!!) was released.
Now that we are (maybe!!!!) approaching the end of this long journey I find myself a bit disappointed.  I still will buy the album and hope that the three songs we haven't heard are fantastic!  I will definitely be looking forward to hearing This I Love in particular.  I eagerly await to hear these three unheard songs but I am scared to get too optimistic.  Prostitute (imo) was a HUGE disappointment.  I then got fired up for Shackler's Revenge and was once again HUGELY disappointed.  This song is a Rob Zombie b-side at best.  So I am now only a month and some change away from (maybe!!) Chinese Democracy dropping and I find that the excitement has really dulled for me.  We've lost the great 2001 lineup, we've found there probably are no more "Big Guns" and it looks like the best the album has to offer will be the leaks from '06.

Chinese Democracy/Better/Street of Dreams/There Was a Time/I.R.S./& Catcher N' The Rye are all solid tracks. 

Riad N' the Bedouins & Madagascar are fair.

If The World/Prostitute and Shackler's Revenge are boring to me.

This leaves This I Love, Sorry and Scraped.  If all three of these songs were of the same quality as my first category I would be fairly happy.  Nothing can make this album good enough to live up to the hype/wait it generated but if we can avoid a total disappointment from the three remaining unknowns perhaps we can salvage our wait together with a little bit less of a fourteen year letdown!!

If this came off as negative at a time when there is finally good news after numerous disappointments I apologize but it is a true opinion and I would very much like to no how others feel.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I'll be happy with it no matter what it sounds like. You can only improve a demo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think Madagascar is one of the stronger tracks from what we've heard.

Only Riad has seemed to be a bit average in my eyes.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

My only beef is Axl is too repetitive and his rhyming a lot of the times is quite boring. He rhymes words that are just way too easy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Funny, that argument only began when If The World surfaced.

So is this an If The World thing, or a Chinese Democracy-the album thing?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dont think any album can be worth a 14 year wait but the cd saga has been an ongoing thing in my life for some time now...i definately look forward to a post cd release world and it'll be fun to disect the album with all of ya 5

Brett

Brett wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Funny, that argument only began when If The World surfaced.

So is this an If The World thing, or a Chinese Democracy-the album thing?

I always felt this way, just take a look at the lyrics.

I've got a funny feeling
There's something wrong today
I've got a funny feeling
And it won't go away

I've got an itchy finger
And there'll be hell to pay
I'm gonna pull the trigger
And blow them all away

I've got a wicked demon
His hunger never fades
I've got an empty feeling
I won't be home today (today again?)

Don't ever try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever try to tell me
How you were there for me

When all is said and done
We're not the only ones
Who look at life this way
That's what the old folk's say
But every time I'd see them
Makes me wish I had a gun
If I thought that I was crazy, well I guess I'd have more fun

It was a long time for you,
it was a long time for me,
it'd be a long time for anyone,
but looks like it's meant to be.

And I could go on with that.

Even if you look at a song like Shotgun Blues, which I seem to be the only one who likes, it has more interesting rhymes and a more interesting choice of words.

Better, of course, is better. 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

shotgun blues is cool wink

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love Shotgun blues.

I don't have an issue with Rhyming in a song either for that matter.

Brett

Brett wrote:

Wow, I've never ran into anyone who liked Shotgun Blues. 22

Board footer