You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Worth the Wait???

Axlin16 wrote:

I hope that the entire song is redone, except retaining May's original guitar.

That I think will be pretty awesome.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

uh......shotgun blues kicks ass!!!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Shotgun Blues is one of those songs as a GN'R song, I say "wow, one of their weakest", but when you take SGB and put it up against music of other artists, you realize the brilliance of GN'R. SGB up against the rest of rock music, looks like a rockin' masterpiece.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If SGB was an instrumental, it would be liked by more people.  The lyrics are really a turnoff to most people, but the song itself is pretty good.

To answer the question of the thread, no album would be worth this wait.  The best album ever made would not be worth this wait.  The real question is going to be how it is received by those that didn't really wait and this is their introduction to GnR.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Nothing can really make up for so long time of waiting but afterall, it's just music...it's just songs.

Some people will never be happy...because they thought they would see the second coming or something...or have some form of enlightenment.

It's just rock music and for me the songs are absolutely great.

My girl loves the new stuff and she never liked old GNR anyway. Says a lot tongue

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

And This I Love? It's the most mythical tracks of ALL.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Worth the wait? In a word..... NO.  But I am glad the gong show is coming to an end. Maybe a new gong show of actual news and music related stuff can finally take place.

Heard If The World in Body of Lies last night. I'll admit that was cool. I think it's just good to knwo that all the wait hasn't been for nothing even if it wasn't necessarily worth it completely.

Yes.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Uhm.
The whole reason why I'm excited about Chinese Democracy, is because I heard the new songs played live - and uh, I wanted them properly on a CD.

I wasn't waiting to be shocked. I wanted my favorite songs done properly!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer