You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

faldor wrote:

This is beginning to sound like a broken record, but when it's good news I figure it's alright to keep posting.  Voted number 1 again for Sirius Octane's Pump Your Own top 5 on Monday night.

5) Framing Hanley – Lollipop
4) Volbeat – Sad Man’s Tongue
3) Five Finger Death Punch – Stranger Than Fiction
2) Slipknot – Dead Memories
1) Guns N’ Roses – Chinese Democracy

The DJ (Covino) said he talked to another DJ (Mario) from Sirius Hard Attack who told him 6 of the 9 leaked tracks he's heard kick ass.  Covino said he thought all 9 kicked ass.  He also mentioned how Bumblefoot (although he didn't mention him by name) said that the 3 that haven't been heard are even better.  Good way to pump the album I'd say.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ron is right. Scraped, Sorry & This I Love are going to blow people away, especially the latter two.

Scraped is growing on me, but i'm already convinced Sorry & This I Love are instant-masterpieces.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Finally heard it on my local radio station. I don't spend much time in the car and I sure as hell don't listen to the radio at home so the odds of me hearing it are pretty slim. I got in the car after work and was pleasantly surprised to hear CD playing.

Meanwhile, I'm a big fan of the 3 new songs. Wasn't digging This I Love at first, but it is catchy as hell.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Let's keep the new song discussion in the leak section.

Neemo wrote:

for Thursday, October 30, 2008:

8   M.I.A. '¢ Paper Planes
23   Guns N' Roses '¢ Chinese Democracy

So cool to see that. I remember at the old site mentioning if CD had been released that summer, MIA would have killed it on the charts. Everyone said I was insane. I realize its not a good chart comparison since the track has been out forever and that's not even its highest chart position, but its good to see "insanity" become reality, at least for one week.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

finally, it debuted in SA....on 5fm...the reaction was..."whooaa...can you believe it.."....

about time this ass end of the world caught onto the hype....

faldor

faldor wrote:

Back on top of Sirius Octane's Pump Your Own Octane last night after being absent the last 2 nights.  So far it's all or nothing with this song/countdown.  If it's on the list, it's #1, otherwise it's off completely.  The songs on the countdow are far from consistent on a nightly basis though, they're constantly changing.  The countdown last night was as follows.

5) AC/DC - Rock N' Roll Train
4) Slipknot - Trouble
3) Disturbed - Indestructible
2) Rob Zombie - War Zone
1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

We'll see if it can hold onto the top spot in the Real Rock 20 this Sunday.

http://www.sirius.com/octane

faldor

faldor wrote:

#1 on Sirius Octane's Real Rock 20 for the second straight week.  Countdown was as follows.

20) Vayden - The One You Left Behind
19) Digital Summer - Whatever It Takes
18) Eve To Adam - Gift
17) Saliva - Family Reunion
16) Mudvayne - Do What You Do
15) Shinedown - Second Chance
14) Framing Hanley - Lollipop
13) Five Finger Death Punch - Stranger Than Fiction
12) Nickelback - Something In Your Mouth
11) Rob Zombie - War Zone
10) Volbeat - Sad Man's Tongue
9) In This Moment - Forever
8) Motley Crue - MF Of The Year
7) All That Remains - Two Weeks
6) Disturbed - Indestructible
5) Theory Of A Deadman - Hate My Life
4) Slipknot - Psychosocial
3) Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
2) Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
1) Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

I will add that the song didn't make last nights top 5, Pump Your Own.  It seems to be all or nothing with that, it's either not on there or its number 1.  None of the songs are very consistent.  But 2 weeks in a row at #1 on the weekly countdown ain't too shabby.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

according to USA TODAY it is 8 on the Active Rock airplay chart...whatever the hell that is.
http://www.96rock.com/cc-common/top20/u … ive%20Rock

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It was on the radio 1 'B' list when I checked the other day.

Board footer