You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

according to USA TODAY it is 8 on the Active Rock airplay chart...whatever the hell that is.
http://www.96rock.com/cc-common/top20/u … ive%20Rock

i think "Active Rock" is a mix of old and new tunes...ie from zeppelin to apocalyptica

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It was on the radio 1 'B' list when I checked the other day.

How long is it gonna be on that 'b list'? 16 Radio 1 is actually a good chart to monitor the band's success. Other than Billboard, that's the chart I used to watch monitoring the success of Kala's singles.

For those who don't pay attention to Radio 1, the 'b list' isn't necessarily a bad thing. The song is definitely getting plays.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

James Lofton wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It was on the radio 1 'B' list when I checked the other day.

How long is it gonna be on that 'b list'? 16 Radio 1 is actually a good chart to monitor the band's success. Other than Billboard, that's the chart I used to watch monitoring the success of Kala's singles.

For those who don't pay attention to Radio 1, the 'b list' isn't necessarily a bad thing. The song is definitely getting plays.

I've no idea how long it's been B list, that was the first time I'd checked. As you say though B list is none too shabby, there's some pretty big songs in that B list. Worth remembering that radio 1 is very broad, this is probably the heaviest rock track on any of their daytime playlists.

As a rough estimation I'd say CD is currently averaging at least one play a day on radio 1. Most B list tracks seem to get that much playtime and from a couple of people I've asked who listen to radio 1 a lot more than I do that seems to be about how often it's getting played.

On the downside the track was no. 42 on the UK itunes download chart earlier. It was no. 3 on the rock chart though.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Chinese Democracy is 14 on the iTunes US list, which is pretty solid. Hopefully it'll crack top ten at some point.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

to think, whats out nowadays, this song isnt doin too well.. its not like britney or Beyonce is actually any good in reality, is it

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It has nothing to do with 'good' Mick.

People who use iTunes and stuff like that are cultured to like Beyonce. And Britney. And Kanye. When Axl introduced The Killers at the 2006 VMA's, I about puked. Or kissed ass to Christina back stage (he was probably just a dirrrty old man)

Even the 'new age' GN'R fans, don't know much of GN'R past GH and AFD.... basically the stuff that's shoved down their throats.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Exactly, don't mistake #14 or whatever it's at as a bad showing because it's being beaten by a bunch of pop artists.  After all, this is day THREE it's been available.  Songs just don't magically debut at number 1 on their first few days after being released.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I don't understand all The Killers hate, they're a solid band imo, Sam's Town is a great album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I like The Killers, I just don't like the overexposure.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It has nothing to do with 'good' Mick.

People who use iTunes and stuff like that are cultured to like Beyonce. And Britney. And Kanye. When Axl introduced The Killers at the 2006 VMA's, I about puked. Or kissed ass to Christina back stage (he was probably just a dirrrty old man)

Even the 'new age' GN'R fans, don't know much of GN'R past GH and AFD.... basically the stuff that's shoved down their throats.

For the love of all that is holy, thou shalt not speak negatively towards AFD. 13:haha:

Board footer