You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Not So Surreal Feeling...

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Exactly. Plus to me, this version is different enough from what we had before and we weren't even supposed to have that.

Are you serious?? It's almost exactly the same!!

Wow. The version you had before had drums in the into, a second layer of vocals on all the verses, a rhythm guitar part, was mixed better and had different drum parts then I did then.

That's too funny you call that a 'different enough version'.  A bang on the drums when the guitar chord strikes really changes it for you. An underneath vocal track which Axl does on almost all GnR songs, or a barely noticable change in rhythm guitar or drum tracks.

To me all the Better's were the same though too, so I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Better was completely different, and for all the wrong reasons. They cranked the shit out of the synth and pretty much ruined the song. Took all the balls out of it that it originally had with the 2006 leak. I am hoping they go with something along those lines but I doubt it. This album tends to lean towards the overproduction side of things.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Better was completely different, and for all the wrong reasons. They cranked the shit out of the synth and pretty much ruined the song. Took all the balls out of it that it originally had...

You never know, Shackler's is heavy and CD has been beefed up, so maybe its back to its ass-kicking best on the final cut?  We can all hope! 9

Thorazine Shuffle
 Rep: 3 

tejastech08 wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

ya know, for the amount of years we've all been waiting, I've often fantasized about the day we would finally get a single/release date.  I had always imagined that it would be an amazing/surreal feeling. 

However, today/last few weeks, I have not felt extreme joy or a surreal sensation.  Of course I am happy and excited for the release, but I expected I would be more CRAZED about it.

Is it just me, or does this seem like an extra innings game that just went on for too long and your just glad it's done.  I'm happy it's done, but the ending could have been 10x more exciting in the 11th inning, not the 19th.

It doesn't help that we've heard 80% of the album, INCLUDING the "new" single.

Agree and agree.

I'll be 30 shortly.  I've got so many more responsibilites and have gotten into more new things music wise.

I mean I'm fuckin' stoked.  I've been posting myspace bullitins from my bands site and texting everyone I know, but I'm sure the joy would of felt much more powerful per-se' if I was 25.

I'm still glad I get to have the day of buying this CD and record from the store in 4 weeks.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Roxxie wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Better was completely different, and for all the wrong reasons. They cranked the shit out of the synth and pretty much ruined the song. Took all the balls out of it that it originally had...

You never know, Shackler's is heavy and CD has been beefed up, so maybe its back to its ass-kicking best on the final cut?  We can all hope! 9

Well, CD was always overproduced. Better was not. Better had a very raw sound until the newer leaks in 2007 and 2008. The synth crap stripped the song entirely of its balls. Axl has had way too much time to play around with the songs I think.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I feel like I'm on the outside looking in. For me it's been nearly ten years now. Actively waiting for most of them. Checking message boards, hoping for 'inside information' and vague descriptions of what eventually became mythical songs.

Each passing event built more anticipation. Nothing was allowed to break the illusion. "Oh, they're just live songs. They'll sound much better on the album. Hell, they probably won't even be on the album. This is just b-material that they're showcasing at the worlds largest rock festival after 7 years of silence." "Oh, they are just demos, unfinished demos."

Please.

I don't know how many times I was standing there in the record store, in my mind. Imagining the event. Picturing scenarios, a small touch on future feelings, dreams.

Over and over it has played through my mind. Then when it actually happened, I realized, there is no event.

I've already been there. Now all that is left is a collection of songs I've heard for years. All representing different periods and emotional states of my life. A fragmented document supposed to be the ultimate culmination of all hopes and dreams over the years. In the end it should be good, very good, by all means. And at times, a touch of greatness. But of course nothing like the things I used to imagine. And that is kinda sad.

Now I guess I'm just waiting for everybody else to come along, to share in the feeling that I built to mountainous heights over the years, then broke down piece by piece on the constant search for 'anything new, anything'.

It reminds me of greek tragedies. My dedication and love ultimately ruined the experience. There is no cake left for the hardcore fan, just scraps.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

A lot of it for me is that throughout my daily routine no one cares. I don't hear the song or see an ad for the album or hear a friend talk about it. It's happening, but it's a solely internet event so far and effects only a small group of people.

Oh well, and least the music is good. When Chinese Democracy is blaring out of my speakers (which are really good for computer speakers) I don't feel excited about the fact that it's on, but I do get excited because the tune rocks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No, I feel TOTALLY surreal. You have to understand, it's even more surreal for me to know that i'm about to watch Game 1 of the World Series involving the Tampa Bay Rays, and CD is on the radio.

What in the fuck is going on? It feels like alternate-1985 in BTTF2.

But I do agree with CC, the only person this has affected is the fans. Everyone else is like "that's cool", and then goes about their business. Which is fine, I expected that, but I think it's really an enlightening thing to see, you truely start to understand is that... the only person that cares is you and GN'R.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer