You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Bumblefoot featured Guest on Eddie Trunk Friday Night

Acquiesce wrote:

I don't recall saying that we hate him, but I will have to listen again. I believe he said it about another site.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well there are lots of outspoken bucket fans here who have said all kinds of things about him

the whole public imput to that interview was poorly executed

anyway its been a while prolly since bumble has been back here but for the most part his addditions to chinese have been very well received even by those who previously didnt like his involvement

Axlin08 wrote:

Ron is great.

He just ain't Buckethead.

doesnt matter what ron does he isnt ever gonna be bucket hmm and i think this sentiment is partially where he is coming from

and i still say anyone who doubt his guitar prowess is crazy...ron is amazing at guitar 11

and i'm not taking anythign away from bucket by any means cuz hes just as amazing 11 bucket

one thing i think many of us are comign to realize is that a bucket/bumble duo would've fucking owned 9

but there is definately a healthy dose of bumble fans here, its just that i think the bucket fans are just more outspoken thats all 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

I don't recall saying that we hate him, but I will have to listen again. I believe he said it about another site.

anyway its around the 33:30 mark and he knows there are bumble fans here...he did that contest for us where he signed a cd and picture for one member who won..and he's done the chats with us...

i email him once in a while and he's a really cool guy to talk to..and he knows i'm an admin here so...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Thats because it was only forum peeps interacting. The station wasn't flooded with calls from thousands of GNR fans. It was forum junkies hitting redial.

The moment Trunk noticed a pattern of calls coming in including shout outs to mygnr and Bumble started his own shout outs to gnrdaily and Evo is when Trunk should have pulled the plug on the interview.

Acquiesce

Acquiesce wrote:

Ok so he does say it. I heard him say gnrdaily.com hates him but I must have blanked out when he said this forum hates him. 14

I agree with you neemo, it's basically the outspoken Buckethead fans that come across as hating him. I think the whole thing is comical because Bucket fans would get angry that Slash fans wouldn't give him a chance, but now there are Bucket fans that won't give Ron a chance.

Acquiesce

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Thats because it was only forum peeps interacting. The station wasn't flooded with calls from thousands of GNR fans. It was forum junkies hitting redial.

The moment Trunk noticed a pattern of calls coming in including shout outs to mygnr and Bumble started his own shout outs to gnrdaily and Evo is when Trunk should have pulled the plug on the interview.

I think that's what Trunk did though. Trunk only took about 4 calls and 3 were from the forums. The other was from a guy who doesn't like the new band.

I thought it was just interesting that it seemed like no one was interested in commenting on the new song except the forum members and the one guy who was totally against this incarnation of the band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well there are lots of outspoken bucket fans here who have said all kinds of things about him

anyway its been a while prolly since bumble has been back here but for the most part his addditions to chinese have been very well received even by those who previously didnt like his involvement

Axlin08 wrote:

Ron is great.

He just ain't Buckethead.

doesnt matter what ron does he isnt ever gonna be bucket hmm and i think this sentiment is partially where he is coming from

and i still say anyone who doubt his guitar prowess is crazy...ron is amazing at guitar 11

and i'm not taking anythign away from bucket by any means cuz hes just as amazing 11 bucket

one thing i think many of us are comign to realize is that a bucket/bumble duo would've fucking owned 9

but there is definately a healthy dose of bumble fans here, its just that i think the bucket fans are just more outspoken thats all 19

And see that's the problem with his comment.

1) I think Ron was probably being sarcastic.

2) I've said on countless occasions on this board, as have others, that GN'R fans (a whole heck of alot of them) would love to see Ron replace ROBIN, and bring back Bucket. No one wants to see Ron go, because he's THAT good, and he's great with fans.

If he's not being sarcastic, then it's borderline delusional. This place has never been anti-Ron, and even if he was being sarcastic, to go on national-radio and basically name drop, and call GNREvo 'haters' was either his true sentiments, or a horribly planned joke.

But it isn't a big deal.

Axl's said for years he hates the internet, including us and every other board, which is why i've always felt it's beyond gay for HTGTH to suck up the way they do because.... all they are is a necessary evil. Axl hates them too.

13:thumbup:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I like Ron's playing and I tip my hat to him and the professional and fan friendly demeanour he always has.  I simply didn't like the interview becuase I am tired of these poor guys being gagged from saying anything meaningful.

The questions he pre-empted that he was going to get from callers "Is Robin gone"?, is "Brain or Frank the drummer now"?, "Whoose drumming will be on the album"? etc etc.  Unfortunately these are questions I and everybody else want answers to.  Ron knows it, Axl knows it, everybody knows it.  But they remain mute on these key things and this leaves Ron et al dancing around these sort of questions like a cat on a hot tin roof.

It's a shitty situation for a decent guy like Ron to be in.  I'm sure he would love to be able to share everythig he knows - but simply can't.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just because I like Bucket doesn't make me a Ron hater. Just because I've noticed Ron doesn't, can't or won't play Bucket's parts live does not make me a Ron hater. Acquiesce, I certainly hope you weren't referring to me in your post above.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

You know, I would totally lick either {Bumble's or Bucket's} of those guys assholes totally clean.

And I'm a dude.

That's how much I love them both.

Board footer