You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: High quality album art released by Universal Music...

tejastech08 wrote:
elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

good to see that they haven't overkilled it with Photoshop....there's a little bit of touching up, but nothing major and offensive...

i dont like this new logo....that seems too "first year of college" kind of thing to me...

but at least we know that artwork was finally approved....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's a whole lot better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its cooll...i actually dig the logo..but whatever..i'd like an explination on the cover art..to know if it has any hidden meanings

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

its cooll...i actually dig the logo..but whatever..i'd like an explination on the cover art..to know if it has any hidden meanings

Axl supposedly took the picture when he was in China. A Chinese person had spraypainted GN'R on that wall so Axl took a picture of it. There's your hidden meaning. It's a simple picture, but it meant a lot to Axl that the GN'R brand had reached China.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Axl supposedly took the picture when he was in China. A Chinese person had spraypainted GN'R on that wall so Axl took a picture of it. There's your hidden meaning. It's a simple picture, but it meant a lot to Axl that the GN'R brand had reached China.

I thought I'd read it was someone else who'd taken the picture and sent it to Axl? Either way it wasn't a concept dreamed up, that bike, wall and spraypaint were all really there and Axl liked it and decided that was the cover.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

damn....i thought it would be something like they are putting all their eggs in one basket or something 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think there's too much "Guns N' Roses" all over it. It's overkill. Simpler is better.

I think that cover would be awesome if they totally dropped "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy", and it was just the bare pic, with the spray paint Guns N' Roses on the top-left, and the new small GnR logo at the bottom right.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think there's too much "Guns N' Roses" all over it. It's overkill. Simpler is better.

I think that cover would be awesome if they totally dropped "Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy", and it was just the bare pic, with the spray paint Guns N' Roses on the top-left, and the new small GnR logo at the bottom right.

I agree although I think they could do without the logo, too. I don't really like it.

Board footer