You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy First Tour Dates (FAKE)

Neemo wrote:

werent these a couple dates that popped up in 06 before the tour was officially announced? same venues and everything? anyone else remember that winnipeg thing back then? or am i going crazy

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I remember Canadian dates pooping up mysteriously and it never getting explained, but I thought that was in 07?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ oh maybe APE....i cant really remember

and aussie...no i'm not near winnipeg at all...like a 20-25 hour drive or something 16

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's got to be fake. The locations look like they were drawn out of a hat. Way too random.

If it is true, then we'll be seeing a new guitarist soon because Finck is busy during that time frame.

Maybe a Mr. B Carrol will make an appearance....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No Neemo is right. If I remember 2006 correctly, Canadian dates started popping up, then that Nashville date popped up, and then suddenly the announcement of all dates came out with the Florida dates first.

And of course that Nashville date got cancelled, Jacksonville pushed up and San Juan pushed back, eventually...

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

While that's certainly a less than credible source, I checked pollstar and neither of those venues has anything else listed on those dates. Still, you'd think they'd kick of the tour in a larger city on the east or west cost, and wouldn't work their way up to Canada until several weeks into the tour.

Of course another possibility would be that those could be warm up dates. But again, why to them in such out of the way locations?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

I wouldn't trust any tour dates prior to 12/14/08.

For the record, neither MTS Centre or Big Sandy have confirmed those dates on their official websites, although both are available.

However: Huntington date

Huntington & Winnipeg

Huntington & Winnipeg

Will have to keep an eye on NIN in the following month.

Our Canadian members could just call MTS Centre to see if there's a date booked.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If Finck is going to be involved, these dates are off limits for GNR.....

10.28.08 Orlando, FL
10.29.08 Jacksonville, FL
10.31.08 Nashville, TN
11.01.08 Greenville, SC
11.03.08 Greensboro, NC
11.05.08 Charlottesville, VA
11.08.08 Manchester, NH
11.09.08 Worchester, MA
11.11.08 Ottawa, ON
11.12.08 Montreal, QC
11.14.08 Hamilton, ON
11.15.08 Grand Rapids, MI
11.17.08 Columbus, OH
11.18.08 Fort Wayne, IN
11.20.08 Cedar Rapids, IA
11.21.08 Columbia, MO
11.22.08 Tulsa, OK
11.25.08 Minneapolis, MN
11.26.08 Council Bluffs, IA
11.28.08 Rapid City, SD
11.29.08 Billings, MT
12.01.08 Saskatoon, SK
12.04.08 Kelowna, BC
12.05.08 Victoria, BC
12.07.08 Portland, OR
12.08.08 Nampa, ID
12.09.08 Missoula, MT
12.12.08 Sacramento, CA
12.13.08 Las Vegas, NV

02.21.09 - Brisbane
02.22.09 - Sydney
02.27.09 - Melbourne
02.28.09 - Adelaide
03.02.09 - Perth

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They could always train another guitarist.  Finck's ok I guess, but it's not like replacing BH.  You could probably pick someone up off the street and if they made a mistake, just say "that's his style" and keep going. 

Let's be honest...the only person required to show up is Axl Rose.  He could (and maybe should) do a series of club dates with backing tracks and some people would show up.  Obviously it's likely that Dizzy, Frank and Pitman would be there because nobody else really wants them and BBF would show because he seems to enjoy it.  Neither Tommy, Finck or Fortus (from a touring point of view) do anything special enough that they couldn't be replaced pretty easily.  The only key is having someone that can do a decent fake BH, and BBF (while clearly not BH) does a good enough job for most people. 

I would write the dates off as fake because they aren't going to play Calgary one day and then WV a couple days later, but a tour of some sort could be done if Axl chose to.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Thanks James,

It seems NIN is taking a break from touring from mid-December to late February. Robin - if he so chooses - can jump ship at that point.

buzzsaw wrote:

Let's be honest...the only person required to show up is Axl Rose.

True that, but I'd hate to see Finck go with the finish line in sight.

If we're lucky, Robin's doing the '99 routine again; leaving while the album was almost 'done', touring with NIN and returning just in time to do RIR3.

Board footer