You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Changes to the tracks you'd like to see:

jimmythegent wrote:

yip, very strange

I too, hope it doesnt leak although Id be all for him giving us a review etc... I have no problems reading reviews prior to getting an album

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Yeah hopefully we can hear a review from him and hopefully, if he chooses to leak it, he will leak it in a high quality lossless format instead of mp3...

I wouldn't mind a leak of the album at this point. big_smile

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Axl should do what NiN and Radiohead did and release the masters so we can mix the tracks ourselves.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

-Jack- wrote:

Yeah hopefully we can hear a review from him and hopefully, if he chooses to leak it, he will leak it in a high quality lossless format instead of mp3...

I wouldn't mind a leak of the album at this point. big_smile

how incredibly selfish

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno...i havent listened to the leaks as much as some of you...the only thing i could say off the top of my head is tone down the axl layers at the end of madagascar

the closer we get to the release date the more likelyhood that there will be a leak...we also ask that if the material does leak then please use the spoiler tag feature when discussing the album because there are those that will be waiting for the physical purchase to listen...thanks

I am not a big fan of synth on any of the tracks except Maddy to be honest.   Twat I would definitely remove the synth from the beginning, it sounds like a Britney Spears song.  I swear to god, Britney has a song on one of her albums I forget and yes I have it but everytime I hear the open to TWAT it reminds me of that album.  For Britney it's fine for GNR it's not.   Same with the Synth in Better, I really don't care for it at all.    With Maddy the synth works the way the song is arranged, it doesn't sound bubble gummish.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Redo the vocals on Street of Dreams. No more mIckey Mouse voice on the slow parts "All the love in the world wouldn't save you ohhhhh ohhhhhh ohhhhh ohhhh"

I'm sure he's going to, those vocs are terrible.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

TWAT - I really wouldn't change a thing. The synth-choir is a bit much, and I do dig the 02 version, but as is I'm happy with it. Brilliant song.

Prostitute - Love it. Doesn't really need to change and the song really isn't structured for a traditional solo. As is I love it.

The Blues - I dig both 02 and 06 versions. I have no problem with the stripped down version. Would be happy with both, but have to admit I'm more attached to the stripped down version now. I just hate the new title.

Catcher - Remains to be seen.

Riad - Like it as is. From the small snippet of the intro in the demo commercial I'd say it has been tinkered with, but I don't have any complaints..... So far. 16

Madagascar - This song needs new 'cleaner' vocals ASAP.

Better- Love the new 06 version. I hope it hasn't been messed with.

IRS - Love the new 06 version. This is the rare case where all the tinkering helped it. It's actually one of my favorites.

If The World - Not my favorite. I'd say, needs new vocals, another big solo. Hopefully it has been improved with tinkering.

Shacklers Revenge - Just don't understand the point of putting this on the album. Or replacing Bucket with Bumble on a Buckethead song.

Chinese Democracy - *takes a breath* WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING AXL!!!!! 4

Bumble ruined a great song along with the layered vocals. I just don't understand it. It was like turning Smells Like Teen Spirit into Shackler's Revenge.

And hey DTJ! Nice to see you back.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Agree with PAsnow. I also agree that Shackler's doesn't really fit in with the rest of the tracks.

Board footer