You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Changes to the tracks you'd like to see:

Axlin16 wrote:
huntermc wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If The World: song is what it is. Very basic, and very good. I'd like to hear a rap remix one day by some one, preferrably Eminem. It'd just be so cool to see Em & Axl on a stage.

Have you heard the Buddyhead remix?

Yes, it's hilarious. 14

the only thing I think they should do to the songs is to take all of Brains drumming off and put Frank on all of the songs,I hate Brains drumming I have no idea why tho,it just seems to forced.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

i only want to comment on the songs that are done. i assume that shackler's is done and cd. i feel that on cd axl should have stuck with only one vocal on the versus. i can see doubling up on the choruses but two vocal tracks throughout is a bit much. i do like shacklers revenge but it would have been nice to have that be a rockband 2 exclusive and maybe left off cd.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i thought the same thing about SR not fitting in but we still haven't better in it's final form.  we've heard cd and i think SR will flow well after it so we'll have to wait and see how it flows in front of better.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

CD, as a final, sounds great even when streaming in mediocre quality.

If The World is almost perfect (for me), but I agree sometimes it feels empty and the grungy guitar part seems like it's just there because they needed something there. Maybe Ron will know what to put there to keep the mood but flesh it out just a bit.

Riyadh is almost perfect, but possibly too clean.

Shackler's, yea, the effects are really harsh on the ears, intro i mean, sort of wish that was a bonus track instead of in the flow of the album. I'd like to hear the vocals a little clearer and more human, but I'm content with what we've got.

Better is obvious - more guitar, less synth. Vocals are perfect.

TWAT - needs no overhaul, I don't like the drumming but it doesn't hurt the song much.

IRS - it's a rocker, kinda, that never gets in your face. Turn up the intensity, slam the guitars more and make Axl's vocals a little louder and a touch raspier.

Catcher - no problems here.

Maddy - if it can't be done well in the studio, just put out the live Rock in Rio version. That's the only decent version of the song I've heard. Vocals need to be 01 style, and Bucket's solo could be more prominent.

The Blues - no problems here. I like the 06-07 version equally, or a little more to the 02 version.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
rose22 wrote:

i only want to comment on the songs that are done. i assume that shackler's is done and cd. i feel that on cd axl should have stuck with only one vocal on the versus. i can see doubling up on the choruses but two vocal tracks throughout is a bit much. i do like shacklers revenge but it would have been nice to have that be a rockband 2 exclusive and maybe left off cd.

i thought that at first but held comment til it all sunk in.
i have decided that now that i have listened to the final version almost as many times as i listened to the leak (about 10), i like the vocal layering afterall. it is nature to get used to hearing something the way you hear it first and when it is changed on ya it becomes awkward at first. in the end i don't have a problem with the vocals and, in fact, like them.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I really don't understand all the dislike for Shackler's. That song rules imo.

Axlin08 wrote:

I agree I love that song 5

misterID wrote:

Prostitute - Love it. Doesn't really need to change and the song really isn't structured for a traditional solo. As is I love it.

And hey DTJ! Nice to see you back.

Hey MisterID, nice to see you too! 15  I am glad to be back  big_smile

I feel the exact same about Prostitute, I remember you and I were the cheerleaders for this song when it leaked!  5

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree I love that song 5

I agree. This song is 1000 times better than CD. It's great rocker.

Board footer