You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Re: GNR Myspace Updates

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You do make valid points about Finck. The guy has always had that goth look to him, except for his final couple years in GNR. 06-07 wasn't his 'natural' look. The moment he bails on GNR, he's back to his same old shit. I have nothing against someone looking how they want, but when you're obviously presenting yourself in a way that isn't natural to you, it makes the whole thing so inauthentic. People can bitch and moan about top hats and buckets all they want, but at least those two don't back off from what they want themselves presented as.

Valid points indeed. I've never been a Finck supporter for several reasons, the main being his poor abilities to play what he's supposed to play properly. His solo spots live were always utter shit too. The thing at Hammersmith just made me want to weep tears of rage.

The guy has always screamed fake to me, fair enough he looked like a gay bin bag in 2002 but that was his image, I didnt like it but nevermind... Then he comes back in 2006 looking like a try hard 'rock star' with the beard and all that and it was just contrived and false. Ridiculous. If you want a real guitar hero Axl you know where to look - just dont try to build one out of the contents of the dressing up box.

Of course image should be second to the music, but Finck stiffed on both levels.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Mabye he heard the final mixes to Chinese Democracy and thought "What da fuck is this shiiiit????! TAXI!!!!!"

"Trents house my good man and step on it!" 3

14:laugh::laugh:
Brilliant.  I used to hate Finck, but I find myself liking his style more and more recently, it's a little bit weird! 10

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:

He started growing his beard in 03/04 though, there was pictures of him on his website, on holiday touring different parts of the world, looking like a hobo.

Didnt he say to someone he wasnt going to shave until GN'R released CD?

I dont think he grew a beard as part of some weird ceremony, taunting GN'R fans about his secret oath, signed in blood with the devious Trent Reznor.

Mabye he heard the final mixes to Chinese Democracy and thought "What da fuck is this shiiiit????! TAXI!!!!!"

"Trents house my good man and step on it!" 3

well, let's just compare his NIN album The Slip to his Gnr album Chinese Democracy. He is a contracted musician for both. Personally, although I have my minor problems with it, I think Chinese blows that NIN album out of the water. I also think Finck's guitar work is much better on Chinese. Did you ever consider that maybe Trent just paid him more money?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I was jesting.

I dont think he'd leave for more money. Mabye he has simply had enough of GN'R and its inner circle. Or mabye he has had a serious falling out with Axl over something, say mabye writing credits? Wouldnt be the first time Axl has been accused of bending the truth to suit his own needs. I seem to remember certain band members being upset over the wording on the Illusions writing credits. I'm just speculating here obviously cause I dont know shit why Robin left.

Sky Dog wrote:

writing credits may have something to do with it....that goes back to money. Writing credits bring publishing royalties. Outside of their contract, that is the only way the new band members will make money. Since they were contracted and not part of the recording agreement, they will not get royalties from record sales....only Axl will get those if he recoups his costs.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Myspace has been updated with a new TV commercial and widgets.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

cool commercial...way better than the others

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Maybe Robin really is that awesome of an industrial rhythm guy and that bad of a bluesy solo guy, but I don't think so. He plays Better, Street of Dreams, and all his other solos almost perfectly live. I tend to think he intentionally fucks with Slash's solos as a passive aggressive FU to being forced into the role of 'Slash's Replacement' for the 01-02 and 06-07 AFD tours.

He is phenomenal with NIN, even if you don't like NIN you can recognize how much control and power he holds over those songs and that audience. And his mark on Chinese Democracy is strong - he just wasn't into doing note-for-note copies of someone else's work (don't say that's what he does in NIN because NIN live is different from studio, and the players have some freedom). His 'God Given' solo is pretty sweet.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

edit: I just saw the bulletin that GNR did and one of the widgets has a video of concert footage from the 06 tour. It has the "lush productions" watermark of the documentary trailer that came out last year had. It's just a short clip but it has alot of cool scenes in it. The commercials that they posted are soooo much better than the older ones. The longer of the two says featuring 'Chinese Democracy' and 'Better'. I say that pretty much confirms Better being the next single.

Communist China wrote:

Maybe Robin really is that awesome of an industrial rhythm guy and that bad of a bluesy solo guy, but I don't think so. He plays Better, Street of Dreams, and all his other solos almost perfectly live. I tend to think he intentionally fucks with Slash's solos as a passive aggressive FU to being forced into the role of 'Slash's Replacement' for the 01-02 and 06-07 AFD tours.

He is phenomenal with NIN, even if you don't like NIN you can recognize how much control and power he holds over those songs and that audience. And his mark on Chinese Democracy is strong - he just wasn't into doing note-for-note copies of someone else's work (don't say that's what he does in NIN because NIN live is different from studio, and the players have some freedom). His 'God Given' solo is pretty sweet.

agreed. I too believe that he plays the old material sloppy on purpose. He is usually spot on when they play new songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That new commercial rules!

Board footer