You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

deadsouth wrote:

got a good rip of better off the radio...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Went ahead and downloaded these latest leaks. Solo on This I Love is cringe worthy. If that's the best solo he could come up with on a song of this nature in over a decade, I'm glad he's gone. If he comes back, it should be as a touring member. The song begs for a monster solo and he just cant provide it.

The Blues continues to get worse. Glad the album's coming out now because I'd hate to hear the updated version of this song in a few years. Like already mentioned, the added lyrics are really out of place and Ron's added guitar on this track helps nothing.

Shackler's does have a different mix, so if you didn't download it thinking it was exactly the same, think again.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm stunned Shackler's is changed from the Rock Band 2 release.

I'm just gonna wait until the day of release at this point. We're so close, i'm just gonna hold off.

oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

I hear ya, JordanRose....Point being, if Axl is singing, I'm believing...Everything else is gravy.

mcalldp
 Rep: 1 

mcalldp wrote:
JordanRose wrote:
oneway23 wrote:

What a class A post.  This guy is good.

lol, cheers dude.

Whilst I understand that because Axl said TIL was emotionally so heavy that some people hoped the lyrics would be like Locomotive crossed with Estranged times the power of 10, I think people are missing the point to some extent. Nobody is criticising Shackler's for having the most simple, basic lyrics on the album leaving us with no idea who/what it's about and I think that's partly because it's not perceived as such a cliche. I mean, the Shackler's lyrics on paper mean sweet fuck all to me but because I don't generally listen to that kinda music I'm quite enjoying it coming from Axl and not worrying too much about exactly what Axl doesn't believe there is a reason for.

Yea, I can't speak for others. I didn't have any higher expectation for this song lyrically compared to any other song. I can see that when you compare to Shaklers, the lyrics of this song my matter more because that's all there is to it, it's a a striped down song mostly piano and vocals so that most focus goes to lyrics where, on other songs, there is a lot more going on.

At any rate, I'll leave it there and agree to disagree on this song. You like the lyrics, I don't. I'm glad we've got all this music coming out now and something for everyone it seems.....TWAT is still one of my favorite songs of all time...this album is already a classic in my mind, I don't hear ANY fluff.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

lol, no fluff is bang on.

Lofton, I gotta say, I really don't know why Bucket didn't get the solo on TIL.  He probably did a load of takes of it and Axl chose one of Finck's. Axl likes Finck's feel and probably decided he wanted it for TIL but whilst I'm not gonna judge it too soon, the solo isn't up there with the rest of the track for me.

And as I've said before, Ron and Finck's solos on Catcher really bug me; when you have a guy like Bucket who can turn his hand to any style, why put inferior stuff on the record just to placate people and give them a credit?

I can only imagine that Bucket would have brought a melody to make your heart bleed on TIL. I respected and liked Finck but am starting to care less that he's gone.

oneway23
 Rep: 0 

oneway23 wrote:

We already know that ron is quoted as saying he recorded "hundreds" of solos.  The choice was ultimately Axl's as to what made the final cut, and while I do question his judgment on a few occasions, I have to at least respect that he has his reasons for selecting what he did.  The point is that blame shouldn't be laid at the feet of the guitarists.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

consider what's on the radio these days,
solos are more rare and far less relevant when they do happen to appear

i ceratinly would think that bucket could offer a better solo than finck 99 percent of the time but finck's style might be more modern sounding to axl and what he is looking for

James

James wrote:

Finck works better in small doses and his flaws hidden underneath a wall of sound. When his playing is placed out in the open like on This I Love, it just doesn't work on any level. I'd rather the song not have any guitar than to subject us to this. I think its one of the weakest tracks on the album, but while hearing it, you keep expecting some epic mindblowing solo of the ages to hit you over the head but it never comes. After you've heard it once, the song just feels empty since you never get the big 'payoff'.

Axl should have renamed the track Blue Balls.

James

James wrote:
war wrote:

consider what's on the radio these days,
solos are more rare and far less relevant when they do appear

How the song fits on radio is irrelevant to me. Art shouldn't be subjected to whatever is on the radio that day.

Board footer