You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

James wrote:

Those aren't demos. I can send anyone a wide variety of demos for comparisons sake.

Those were finished tracks that hadn't been mixed/mastered properly. Anyone who believes those were demos must think the album is demos with Ron and Frank pasted in.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed James.

CD is really an exception to the rule. CD has such an unusual, storied history, that the normal demo doesn't really exist.

Several unmastered finished albums exist.

There's probably a 2000 version with Axl, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Josh, Dizzy & Chris.

There's a 2001 version with Axl, Bucket, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris.

There's probably a 2003/04 version with Axl, Bucket, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris.

There's probably a 2006/07 version with Axl, Ron, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris.

And then of course there's the final product hitting shelves in a few days, that's a merging of them all.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

I just gave in and downloaded the whole thing and listened.

I can't figure why people are raving about Riad. People made it sound like the intro was some Pitman masterpiece and had loads of crowd noise and that the track was substantially different. What I REALLY can't get over is the new pasted in lyrics after the solo right before 'Somewhere in time...'. They run right into the next line and it sounds absolutely ridiculous! I was really sceptical about Lofton's statements that the editing/pasting was so bad that new solos had been dropped in, starting and ending in different placfes to the original and therefore fucking up the flow/timing of the song but he's absolutely right.

I'm gobsmacked. Please, go and listen to Riad right now and pay attention at exactly 3:24-3:25 where there should be a pause between the lines 'If you had wove so well/Somewhere in time'. I'm absolutely staggered that this new line has just been dropped in when it doesn't physically fit and just runs right into the next line.

How the fuck is that possible?! Lofton is suggesting the album was forced out as an explanation. But surely, way back when they were sat there editing on pro tools and dropped the line in they must have played it back and gone 'Oh, that doesn't work...click undo!'. Or surely during what must have been countless hours of mixing and mastering, SOMEBODY noticed it?!!

Christ. It's so glaring that I can't believe it hasn't been picked up in any reviews.

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

It's so fucking bad it sounds like the fucking track is skipping!!!

FUCK, people.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I noticed it straight away but I just thought it was intentional. I thought it gave that little section a little extra fire, like he was bursting to start singing again and wouldnt wait. I noticed much worse editing. I am going to stop criticising so much until I hear the official lp quality version.

Did you burn it to disc? Riad sounds amazing through a proper sound system. But it is one of those songs thats a hit or miss with some folk. The drumming is the what I love, you cant deny the energy the song has.

The intro isnt really anything special all the same.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm getting over my disapointment about Madagascar not being much different to the leak. I always loved the way he sang the outro in the really gravelly voice anyway, it was more the opening lines I found weak.

Its really quite epic when you read along with all the quotes.

That fucking booklet is an abomination, I'm trying to read along with the songs and theres fucking mistakes everywhere.

James

James wrote:
JordanRose wrote:

I was really sceptical about Lofton's statements that the editing/pasting was so bad that new solos had been dropped in, starting and ending in different placfes to the original and therefore fucking up the flow/timing of the song but he's absolutely right.

Christ. It's so glaring that I can't believe it hasn't been picked up in any reviews.

Its a massive problem and really bogs down the listening experience. When I listen to this in pristine CD quality and write my review, its not gonna be kind. Some will label me a 'hater' but I don't give a shit. There's no excuse for how the quality turned out.

The final Better is cringe inducing and pretty much reached the point of noise pollution.

Once reviewers are able to hear it somewhere other than Uni headquarters, they'll start to mention the shit production. I'm shocked more forum fans aren't mentioning it. On another GNR forum, I saw someone post 'its the greatest production in history and is perfectly 'crisp'. I almost fell out of my chair.

James

James wrote:

The Riad intro is cool. Its like a snippet from a late 90's Asian horror score. The song kicks ass until that unnecessary pasted solo starts blaring in my ears.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

Anyone else hear the weird wobble board sound on Prostitute?  I'm surprised they didn't get Rolf Harris in to play that part...

Board footer