You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

Bono wrote:

I gave the album a  6 outta 10. I ranked the songs fomr 0-1 and added it all up. It added up to 8.5 / 14 which was 60% which ia 6 / 10 16

Songs I Love:
Sorry

Songs I really like:
This I Love
If the World
Prostitute
Better

Songs I like:
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar

Songs that are average at best:
Shackler's Revenge
IRS
Scraped
There Was a Time

Songs that suck:
The Blues(fuck that Street of Dreams title)
Riads N' The Bedouins
Catcher in the Rye

That ^^ is my own personal opinion of course.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

What has changed concerning Prostitute from the Skewrl leak? New guitar parts?
Intro?

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

I just wanna say it's a fucking pleasure to be on this forum at the moment, despite the shitty circumstances which are being discussed. It's amazing to me that we can have a thread like this one imparticular where everyone has a decent, relevant contribution, without loads of spam fanboy or hater messages, and nobody gets cranky because someone disagrees with them.

Massive props to tylerdurden for that hilarious long post on page 48. And also to Lofton: 'I don't care if they put Nat King Cole on it. Mix the shit properly.' LOL

It's just occurred to me that when the rest of the band hear the CD for the first time, they will probably all be gutted for various reasons, not least the production and mixing. As someone said, there are several things that point to what seems like a final 3-day rush job at the very end, with Axl fucking off all the engineers out of the room and just fucking about with shit trying to make it perfect and just totally wanking it all up.

All of this talk has reminded me of a heated debate I had with a good friend last May. I was blasting the leaks of that time in a private lock in in my pub and my friend was enjoying them, particularly things like the horns on Maddy, but when I told him these songs were from 1999 to 2002 mostly, he balked and basically said 'Well he's fucking missed it then, he's mental. He should have got it out years ago, this'll all sound ancient by the time it's out'. And I thought he was just talking shit and didn't understand how great Axl was, that the songs would sound timeless and that he's worked on them slowly over years and that they'd be as great as any old Floyd/Zappa shit he had when he was young.

I hate to say it but he was pretty much right. And that review (was it Classic Rock) was right when it said that people like Bowie put out records that sounded incredible and was this epic and innovative once a year back in the day.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I just looked on the torrent sites, and the 320kpbs version is now up. 

This is one album I wouldnt feel bad about downloading b/c I already have it preordered.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

I gave the album a  6 outta 10. I ranked the songs fomr 0-1 and added it all up. It added up to 8.5 / 14 which was 60% which ia 6 / 10 16

Songs I Love:
Sorry

Songs I really like:
This I Love
If the World
Prostitute
Better

Songs I like:
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar

Songs that are average at best:
Shackler's Revenge
IRS
Scraped
There Was a Time

Songs that suck:
The Blues(fuck that Street of Dreams title)
Riads N' The Bedouins
Catcher in the Rye

That ^^ is my own personal opinion of course.

I'll give it 8 out of 10.....I don't like Shacklers at all and have some issues with the "clutter". The album, to me, is what I expected. An over the top, flamboyant, overproduced gluttony of guitars and 600 different Axl voices.

Devclasof2012rox
 Rep: 0 

The one song I was extremely dissapointed with was the final version of There Was a Time. The June leak was amazing, simply flawless. Why the hell do we need drums in the very beginning? What's up with Axl and his echoing drums he loves so much?

And Scraped. Really? That song is so bad.

funny thing about this album is everyone has a different opinion of the songs,I think is a great rock album,but that doesn't mean it's a great GN'R album.

Devclasof2012rox
 Rep: 0 

Slash_McKagan wrote:

funny thing about this album is everyone has a different opinion of the songs,I think is a great rock album,but that doesn't mean it's a great GN'R album.

True that.

I hope we can all agree that Sorry is an amazing song.:cool:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sorry so far is the only song i've seen complete agreement on it's 'goodness'.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Anyone who dosn't agree Sorry is a  great song should be banned from this site. Sure this place encourages free speech and a variety of opinions but only to such a  degree. Either agree on Sorry or fuck off.

Board footer