You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: I just saw a Chinese Democracy TV commercial!!!!

DCK wrote:

Always come to the conclusion about TV ads for artists and bands that the trick is to play a little clip of a chorus of a song to get the most out of it.

While the riff is cool and all, if I was GNR management I would have found a distinctive chorus and played it over and over again so people just got it under their skin.

Another band I've been dealing with did a commercial and I was furious when I found out they did not do that but rather had some electronic intro thing on the commercial.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well the problem DCK is that is CD is the current single (which they are trying to push in that instance), and the song doesn't have a distinctive chorus, but yet a memorable guitar riff.

Whatever song is that "don't try and stop us now", probably will eventually be in the commercials, because it seems like a chorus that will 'stick'.

Other than that, and maybe Better, none of the songs, at least the ones that have leaked... really have a distinctive chorus. Not that they're bad songs, but as far as choruses go, there are no Jungles, Child's, Don't Cry's, etc.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

"Available Everywhere?" Everywhere there's a Best Buy, at least.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Im hoping some promo starts down under real soon

I kind of feel like a video is whats really required here

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as there is a line of a verse or a chorus that is kept being repeated. Eventually you start to sing it yourself, like it or not.

Like "nothings gonna stop us now" or "all i got is precious time".

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Sportsnet is fucking hip when it comes to cool shit. I give them props all the time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They could use, "It don't really matter, gonna find out for yourself".  That would seem to work, no?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I work in advertising, and can tell you for at least one market, likely others, they have purchased regional (ie. for that city) commercial time for Monday's MNF football game!!

I'll let you know if I hear anything futher.. but until then, be prepared to start seeing commercials soon, & watch MNF.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

awesome pasnow! i'll be there

Board footer